Half-day in government offices around Parliament HouseJuly 24th, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) The government offices around the Parliament House will remain shut during the first half of Wednesday in view of the swearing-in ceremony of president-elect Pranab Mukherjee, said an official statement.
According to the statement issued by the ministry of personnel, public grievances and pensions, the closure will be due to the swearing-in ceremony in the Central Hall of parliament at 11.30 a.m. Wednesday.
“In view of the swearing-in ceremony and traffic restrictions around Parliament House, it has been decided that the government offices located in the buildings in and around North Block/South Block would remain closed for the first half tomorrow (Wednesday),” it said.
The buildings to remain closed include South Block, North Block, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Parliament House, Rail Bhavan, Krishi Bhavan, Udyog Bhavan and the hutments around Parliament House.
- Three Metro stations to close for two hours Wednesday - Jul 25, 2012
- Pranab visits Rajghat, other memorials before taking oath - Jul 25, 2012
- Presidential changeover with 'hazar salam', buggy ride - Jul 21, 2012
- Pranab to be sworn in president at 11.30 a.m. on Wednesday - Jul 22, 2012
- Pranab Mukherjee sworn in as India's 13th president (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Big Bengal presence at Pranab's swearing-in - Jul 23, 2012
- Mounted bodyguards, hazar sallam - Regal grandeur marks Pranab's swearing-in - Jul 25, 2012
- Mamata telephones Pranab to congratulate him, to attend swearing-in - Jul 22, 2012
- PM accepts Kamat's resignation - Jul 13, 2011
- President calls BJP leaders over seating at I-Day reception - Aug 16, 2012
- Colour and ceremony as President Pranab takes office (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Tradition meets pomp as Pranab sworn in president (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Cabinet reshuffle Wednesday evening - Jan 18, 2011
- Gurudas Kamat quits active politics - Jul 13, 2011
- Ajit Singh to be sworn in as minister Sunday - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: closure, government offices, half of wednesday, ministry of personnel, New Delhi, parliament, parliament house, pensions, pranab mukherjee, president elect, public grievances, rashtrapati bhavan, swearing in ceremony, traffic restrictions