GVK Biosciences licenses its toxicity database to AstraZenecaFebruary 18th, 2008 - 12:28 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad, Feb 18 (ANI/Business Wire India): GVK Biosciences (GVK BIO) announced that it has licensed its Mechanism Based Toxicity Database (MBT) to AstraZeneca.
MBT has over 13,000 drug and drug like compounds, their routes of metabolism, toxic indications and the numerical values of the measures of toxicity.
The data has been manually curated from over 35,000 individual references.
The license represents an extension of the existing license of all the GVK BIO Target and Drug databases. The GVK BIO Databases contain over 3.2 million compounds manually curated from patents and journals and represent over seven million quantitative SAR data points.
Sreeni Devidas, Vice President Business Development, GVK BIO said: “We are excited to extend our relationship with AstraZeneca. The MBT provides easily accessible information on known toxic effects of over 13,000 compounds from the literature, which will be made available to researchers in AstraZeneca”.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. (ANI)
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- British drugmaker to invest $200 mn in China - Jan 05, 2012
- Bristol Myers Get Approval For Their Diabetes Drug - Nov 07, 2010
- New research to identify antibiotics that may help fight TB - Mar 12, 2011
- Drug Maker, AstraZeneca, To Reimburse $520 Million - Apr 28, 2010
- Over 250 companies to participate in BioAsia 2012 - Feb 07, 2012
- GVK Bio's Ahmedabad facility cleared by USFDA - Jul 30, 2012
- Drug Maker AstraZeneca Slapped With $520 Million Fine - Apr 28, 2010
- Pharma bigwigs join hands for new TB drug - Jun 27, 2012
- GVK BIO to support global consortium - May 16, 2011
- DrugMaker AstraZeneka Fee $520M In Non-FDA Approved Marketing - Apr 28, 2010
- FDA warns of fractures with prolonged usage of heartburn drugs - May 26, 2010
- Best And Worst 401K Plans 2010: A Glance - Oct 18, 2010
- Asthama Drugs Get New FDA Regulations - Feb 19, 2010
- Scientists identify four anti-cancer compounds - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: accessible information, astrazeneca, bio databases, compounds, drug databases, gvk bio, gvk biosciences, healthcare business, healthcare services, international healthcare, mbt, metabolism, numerical values, prescription pharmaceuticals, sar data, target, toxic effects, toxicity database, vice president business, vice president business development