GVK Bio gets approval from Turkey for bioequivalence studiesMarch 18th, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 18 (IANS) GVK Biosciences, a leading contract research organisation, Wednesday said it has received approval from Turkey to conduct bioequivalence studies.
A three-member delegation from Turkey’s ministry of health inspected the GVK Bio clinical pharmacology unit (CPU) here and carried out a detailed audit of the facility for systems and processes.
This approval enables GVK Bio to cater to generic drug manufacturers in Turkey as well as to those who intend to market their products in the country, said a statement from GVK Bio.
The clinical pharmacology unit carries out bioequivalence studies meeting international regulatory requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (US), ANVISA (Brazil), AFSSAPS (France) and World Health Organization (Geneva).
“These accreditations, coupled with GVK Bio’s delivery engine, have helped GVK Bio build a loyal and growing list of top generic drug players globally and in India,” it said.
The clinical pharmacology unit is one of the largest units in India for bioavailability and bioequivalence studies with state-of-the-art infrastructure to cater to global regulatory requirements. The CPU has conducted around 500 studies of which 100 studies are for FDA submission.
- GVK Bio's Ahmedabad facility cleared by USFDA - Jul 30, 2012
- Clinical drug trial centres in Andhra to be probed - Jun 25, 2011
- GVK BIO to support global consortium - May 16, 2011
- Man undergoing drug test dies in Andhra Pradesh - Dec 07, 2008
- Ranbaxy approved to make first generic version of Lipitor - Dec 01, 2011
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- Experts challenge FDA approval for Alzheimer's drug - Mar 25, 2012
- Cancer drugs offer new hope for Crohn's disease and sarcoidosis - Dec 01, 2010
- Over 250 companies to participate in BioAsia 2012 - Feb 07, 2012
- FDA rejects combo cholesterol drug - Mar 07, 2012
- HIV drug now available as oral powder for children - Jan 29, 2012
- Ranbaxy ordered to improve India, US plants - Jan 26, 2012
- Asthma drug could help fight Alzheimer's - Mar 27, 2011
- 'Five days after' contraceptive pill approved - Aug 14, 2010
- Greenpeace complains to SEBI against GVK Group - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: accreditations, afssaps, art infrastructure, bioavailability, bioequivalence studies, clinical pharmacology unit, contract research organisation, fda, fda submission, food and drug, food and drug administration, generic drug manufacturers, geneva, gvk bio, gvk biosciences, member delegation, ministry of health, regulatory requirements, units in india, world health organization