Guy Ritchie to launch his own brand of whiskyJune 23rd, 2008 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 23 (ANI): English screenwriter and film director Guy Ritchie is venturing into a new business by setting up his own brand of fine malt whisky.
Ritchie, who is pop queen Madonnas husband, has spent around 2million pounds on The Punch Bowl pub, in Londons posh Mayfair, and has been sampling some of the best booze to find the perfect malt.
He currently likes a 33-year-old malt and is looking forward to find the perfect whisky to sell at the highest price ever.
Guy is a massive whisky fan and wants to set up his own brand, the Sun quoted a source as saying.
Since opening The Punch Bowl he has tried some classics. He loves a 33-year-old malt but reckons he can do better.
He wants his to be the ultimate, exclusive whisky brand.
Hes into his country pursuits and only drinks whisky in his boozer out of specially-made glasses.
Guy loves the idea of coming back in his tweed and deerstalker and sipping his own brand of whisky which is the best in the world, the source said.
At the moment the Macallan is the most expensive whisky, selling for around 20,000 pounds a bottle, which is still not much for Richie.
He plans to stuff the current top prices with his brand, the source revealed.
He reckons there are plenty of rich businessmen and rock stars who would pay six figures for the worlds best whisky, the source added. (ANI)
- Guy Ritchie in search of exotic and expensive whisky - Jun 23, 2008
- Indian trio in Scotland invent device to identify fake whisky - Nov 03, 2011
- Bottle of whisky auctioned for $460,000 - Nov 17, 2010
- Justin Timberlake to star in Guy Ritchie's next - Jul 01, 2009
- Guy Ritchie to open pub in New York - Dec 14, 2009
- 'Model mob' encircles Leonardo DiCaprio at Guy Ritchie's pub - Jul 23, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's pub could be closed over noisy celebs row - Nov 04, 2009
- Sale of single malt whiskies surges in Delhi - Mar 22, 2012
- Guy Ritchie plans pub in New York - Dec 14, 2009
- Single-malt Scotch whisky named world's best - Oct 25, 2011
- 100-year-old whisky to benefit Antarctic Heritage Trust - Apr 05, 2011
- Kelly Brook gets cosy with rugby player Thom Evans - Nov 29, 2010
- Scotch whisky industry unaffected by recession - Jan 02, 2012
- Timberlake to work in Ritchie's next project - Jul 01, 2009
- Brit pensioner who has smoked 292,000 ciggies celebrates 100th b'day - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: booze, boozer, country pursuits, deerstalker, film director, guy ritchie, hes, macallan, madonnas husband, malt whisky, mayfair, pop queen, punch bowl, rich businessmen, rock stars, screenwriter, six figures, tweed, whisky brand, whisky fan