Gurnani named Mahindra Satyam chief executiveJune 23rd, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 23 (IANS) Two days after Satyam Computer Services was re-branded as Mahindra Satyam, the company Tuesday announced changes in its leadership with Tech Mahindra’s head of international operations C.P. Gurnani being named the outsourcer’s new chief executive.
The announcement was made by Mahindra group vice chairman and managing director Anand Mahindra Tuesday.
Gurnani will take charge from A.S. Murty, who was appointed the chief executive in February soon after a Rs.78,000-crore accounting fraud was discovered at Satyam.
Vineet Nayyar, chief executive of Tech Mahindra, will move to Mahindra Satyam as its vice chairman as part of the restructuring.
He will be succeeded by Sanjay Kalra, till now Tech Mahindra’s president of strategic business initiatives who was also on Satyam’s board.
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra merger likely in 8-9 months - Apr 24, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam-Tech Mahindra merger put on hold - Feb 14, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam to hire 4,000 associates this quarter - Apr 13, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam's merger with Tech Mahindra next year - Nov 10, 2011
- Two-fold jump in Mahindra Satyam's net profit - Aug 10, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam to participate in World Economic Forum - Jan 17, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam merger with Tech Mahindra likely next year - May 23, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam posts flat Q1, Q2 revenues (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Satyam Computers is now Mahindra Satyam - Jun 21, 2009
- CA, Mahindra set up joint research centre - Apr 24, 2012
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam - Mar 22, 2011
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam reports loss due to lawsuit settlements (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam reports net loss due to lawsuit settlements - May 23, 2011
Tags: accounting fraud, business initiatives, chief executive, group vice, international operations, june 23, kalra, leadership, managing director, murty, outsourcer, restructuring, s board, sanjay, satyam computer services, tech mahindra, vice chairman, vineet