Gurgaon steps up effort for high security number platesAugust 1st, 2012 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 1 (IANS) To ensure compliance of a Supreme Court order, the Gurgaon administration will hand over registration certificates (RCs) of vehicles only after owners submit proof that they have installed high security number plates on their vehicles, an official said.
The Gurgaon district administration has started the installation of High Security Registration number Plates (HSRP) on vehicles, the official said.
The process started July 12 and Link Utsav Registration Plates Limited has been entrusted with the task in Haryana.
A separate counter has been set up in the e-disha center located in the mini secretariat where the prescribed fee is deposited at the time of submission of documents for RC on showing the authorisation slip issued by the Gurgaon registering authority.
The official said that some vehicle owners have deposited the requisite fee with the agency but have not got the plates installed as they are still lying with the agency. They should immediately get these fixed, the official said.
He said that after depositing the fee, the agency is bound to install HSRP within four days. If it is delayed the agency will be penalised. On fifth day, the agency will pay a fine of Rs.75 to the vehicle owner and for further delay, the fine will be Rs.50 a day.
- High security number plates for Haryana vehicles - Jul 12, 2012
- Green signal for high-security number plates in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Registrar of societies fined Rs.10,000 - Apr 24, 2011
- Chandigarh to have high security number plates - Jul 12, 2011
- Chandigarh, Punjab urged to use high security number plates - May 28, 2010
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Tibetans to get five-year registration certificates - Apr 22, 2012
- Tripura introduces high security vehicle number plates - Jul 30, 2012
- Vijaya Bank offers concession in home loans' processing fee - Dec 25, 2011
- Two fined in Islamabad for littering - Oct 13, 2011
- Mizoram to have high security number plates to check car thefts - Jan 24, 2012
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Kashmir gets high security number plates - Jun 11, 2012
- Global Positioning System helps in tracing stolen car - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: authorisation, compliance, disha, district administration, fifth day, gurgaon district, high security, number plates, registration certificates, registration number, registration plates, secretariat, security number, submission, supreme court, vehicle owner