Gurgaon revenue officials suspended after land controversyAugust 30th, 2011 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 30 (IANS) Two revenue officials of Gurgaon district have been placed under suspension by the deputy commissioner for “concealing” facts in the partition of private land in Ullahawas village, a state government spokesman said here Tuesday.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner P.C. Meena placed under suspension a patwari and a kanungo for concealing facts.
Ullahawas village was in the news recently after the allotment of an over five-acre piece of land to the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust (RGCT) reached the Punjab and Haryana high court following objections filed by people of the area. The trust has high profile trustees like Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi, and wanted to set up an eye super specialty hospital on the village land.
“Charge sheets have been issued to both the officials under Rule 7 of Haryana Civil Services Rules (Punishment and Appeals),” the spokesman said.
“A case of partition of private land in revenue estate of village Ullahawas was filed in the court of assistant collector (tehsildar) of Sohna tehsil and at that time, the land was not under acquisition. But subsequently, notifications under Sections 4 and 6 of the Land Acquisition Act were issued and part of that private land also fell in the acquisition area,” the spokesman said.
In his report, the deputy commissioner said that both revenue officials were found to be guilty of concealing the facts in this matter and were suspended.
- IAS officer suspended in Punjab over land deal - May 08, 2012
- Hooda government on backfoot over land allotment - Aug 28, 2011
- Gurgaon land worth millions restored to government - Dec 10, 2011
- Gurgaon villagers move court for return of land - Aug 02, 2011
- BJP flays Congress over Gurgaon land deal - Aug 02, 2011
- Congress hits back on Gurgaon land issue (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- NHRC urged to help woman who tried to end life - Apr 29, 2012
- Two revenue officials get two years jail for corruption - Feb 25, 2012
- Pending new law, Haryana puts land acquisition on hold - Jul 23, 2011
- Haryana to tax Gurgaon-Alwar road users more - Jul 27, 2011
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Haryana officials to face action for delaying help - Jun 23, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Haryana land to Rajiv trust - Aug 18, 2011
- Haryana betters its own land acquisition policy - Nov 03, 2010
- Using satellite imagery, Haryana to digitize land records - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: acre piece, allotment, charge sheets, charitable trust, deputy commissioner, government spokesman, kanungo, land acquisition act, objections, partition, patwari, private land, punjab and haryana high court, rahul gandhi, rajiv gandhi, revenue officials, sonia gandhi, specialty hospital, state government, tehsil