Gurgaon, Panchkula, Faridabad to get radio cabsApril 18th, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 18 (IANS) The Haryana government has approved the plying of radio cabs in Panchkula, Gurgaon and Faridabad towns of the state, a minister said Monday.
“The state’s transport department will grant contract carriage permits to radio cabs in three towns. The cabs would operate within a radius of 50 km from these towns,” state Transport Minister Om Parkash Jain said.
The permits would be granted in three categories — economy cabs, luxury cabs and super luxury cabs.
While Gurgaon and Faridabad are adjoining national capital Delhi, Panchkula is near the state capital Chandigarh.
Jain said that the minimum fleet size per operator would be five motor cabs for Panchkula and 20 cabs each for Gurgaon and Faridabad.
“The fleet could be expanded by obtaining permits in future as per the policy of the government from time to time. Motor cabs would be available 24 hours, seven days a week and unique number would be provided by each operator for operating the call centre which can be accessed by the customers,” Jain said.
- Haryana bus strike hits thousands (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Haryana raids hookah bars - Oct 27, 2011
- Haryana makes speed governors compulsory - Jun 11, 2011
- Blueline operators can run buses as a co-op, court told - Sep 16, 2011
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Allow us to ply on inter-state routes: Blueline operators to court - Aug 19, 2011
- Haryana Roadways to get 700 new buses - Dec 13, 2009
- Marathi or other common language okay for new taxi permits (Lead) - Jan 21, 2010
- Gurgaon-Chandigarh Volvo buses a hit - Apr 02, 2012
- FDI limit hike proposed in broadcasting sector - Aug 09, 2011
- Crackdown continues against errant bus operators in Andhra - Jun 23, 2012
- Haryana to regularise over 1,000 colonies - Feb 19, 2011
- Liquor to cost more in Haryana - Feb 21, 2011