Gurgaon-Manesar belt declared auto-hubDecember 9th, 2011 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 9 (IANS) The central government has declared Haryana’s Gurgaon-Manesar-Bawal belt as an “Auto Hub” to facilitate industrial progress of the automobile sector in this region, a state government spokesman said Friday.
The belt, which is within 75 km from capital New Delhi, already has automobile plants of three auto giants - Maruti-Suzuki, Hero Motocorp and Suzuki Motorcycles and Scooters.
“These alone account for about 50 percent of the cars and 37 per cent of the two-wheelers manufactured in India. About 20 percent of the total workforce in Haryana is employed in the automobile industry sector,” the spokesman said.
Several automobile ancillary units like Denso, Pricol, Ricco, Sona Steering, Minda, Omax, Jai Bharat Maruti and others are also present in this industrial belt, he added.
He said the Haryana government has decided to adopt the “cluster development” approach for industrial progress and the “auto hub” was a step in this direction.
- Haryana plans new automobile hub - Jan 10, 2011
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Maruti not shifting from Haryana, Bhargava assures Hooda - Jul 23, 2012
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Restore terminated Maruti workers: Trade unions - Aug 17, 2012
- Haryana to set up new industrial estates - Dec 14, 2010
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Haryana to post police battalion in Manesar - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana minister - Aug 24, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Haryana wants to stop contractual labour - Oct 31, 2011
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: ancillary units, auto hub, automobile industry, automobile plants, automobile sector, bharat, chandigarh, cluster development, denso, development approach, government spokesman, haryana government, industrial progress, industry sector, maruti suzuki, pricol, sona steering, spokesman said friday, suzuki motorcycles, two wheelers