Gujarat, Rajasthan to jointly promote tourismApril 18th, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 18 (IANS) The Gujarat government Monday signed an agreement with Rajasthan to jointly promote tourism in western India through road shows and events in the country and abroad.
“It is better to showcase a region on an international level rather than to promote just a state. In this way we will be promoting the whole of western India,” said Vipul Mitra, principal secretary, tourism and civil aviation, government of Gujarat.
“We are also in talks with the Maharashtra government for the same while Punjab and Karnataka have already been roped in,” he added.
Mitra said Gujarat is building a film city on the lines of one in Hyderabad and is in talks with Bollywood for the promotion of state tourism.
“We have a docile crowd here unlike in many other states, so film companies can easily set up the sets of different states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh and do their shooting without any disturbance,” he added.
The tourism corporation of Gujarat has also acquired 400 acres of land and is in talks with a Surat-based company for the same.
“The work will start shortly.”
Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan is the brand ambassador of Gujarat tourism.
- Gujarat tourism gets boost from Big B - Feb 22, 2010
- 'Khushboo Gujarat Ki' aboard Metro's Airport Express - Mar 07, 2012
- Bachchan to lure tourists to more Gujarat sites - Aug 01, 2011
- Gujarat's Saputara, a getaway among verdant hills (With Images) - Aug 01, 2011
- Big B visits Somnath temple to promote tourism in Gujarat - Jun 04, 2010
- Sachin, Waugh, Deepika to be Kerala Tourism ambassadors? - May 07, 2012
- Road shows, Big B pulling in tourists for Gujarat - Dec 14, 2010
- India to soon get a film commission (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Foreign operators queuing up for Bollywood tours - Apr 18, 2011
- Gujarat tourism achieving new milestones: Narendra Modi - Jan 11, 2011
- Shoojit Sircar to release documentary on Big B (With Images) - Mar 15, 2012
- Shah Rukh will help boost Bengal tourism - Mar 28, 2012
- Bollywood should do a 'Zindagi Na...' in Poland: Ambassador - Nov 29, 2011
- India to get its film commission soon - Aug 01, 2012
- Shree Ganesh jewellery aims to generate 500 MW solar power - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: ambassador, amitabh bachchan, bihar, bollywood, civil aviation, film city, film companies, government of gujarat, gujarat government, gujarat tourism, hyderabad, karnataka, maharashtra government, principal secretary, punjab, rajasthan, state tourism, tourism corporation, uttar pradesh, western india