Gujarat directed to fill up civil services tribunal postsOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Oct 26 (IANS) With the Gujarat High Court’s intervention, the Gujarat Civil Services Tribunal in Gandhinagar would soon get full staff strength.
A bench of Chief Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya and Justice Anant Dave, in an order made available Tuesday, directed the state government to immediately fill up vacancies in the tribunal and make sure that president and members of the tribunal were paid salaries regularly.
The court was hearing a public interest litigation filed by a government employees’ federation. The petition sought directions to the authorities to appoint judicial members as well as administrative members at the tribunal.
The tribunal deals with disputes of state government employees with the government.
The court noted that while the petition was being heard by it, the authorities appointed the president and two other members of the tribunal.
The petitioners’ counsel said that the post of a member in the tribunal still remained vacant.
“So far as payment of salaries to the president and members is concerned, it is needless to say that they are entitled to regular payment till they continue in their respective posts,” the bench noted.
- Gujarat court dismisses plea against cheap plots to lawmakers - Dec 14, 2010
- Gujarat panchayat workers to get same pay as government staff - Apr 14, 2011
- Court questions Gujarat on headless rights panel - Jun 22, 2011
- Court bars Gujarat varsity registrar from holding office - Jun 22, 2011
- Gujarat warned on delay in labour court judges' pay hike - Dec 28, 2010
- Court dismisses plea of judges seeking reinstatement - Jun 22, 2011
- Gujarat court penalises insurance firm - Oct 13, 2010
- Cheap land for MPs challenged in Gujarat court - Oct 13, 2010
- Court notice to state, centre on fixed wages - May 05, 2011
- Plea questioning reliability of voting machines dismissed - Oct 19, 2010
- Apex court seeks details of pending mercy pleas (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Deposit entertainment tax, Gujarat court tells TataSky - Oct 13, 2010
- Court dismisses plea on irregularities in electoral rolls - Feb 09, 2011
- High court upbraids Gujarat government on low employee wages - Apr 25, 2011
- Gujarat court summons officials on pay hike issue - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: administrative members, anant, authorities, bench, chief justice, court noted that, employees federation, gujarat high court, petition, public interest litigation, regular payment, salaries, staff strength, state government employees, tribunal, vacancies