GSPC signs LNG supply agreement with Gazprom SingaporeJune 3rd, 2011 - 1:24 am ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 2 (IANS) Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) and Gazprom Marketing and Trading Singapore (GM&TS;) - the Singapore affiliate of Gazprom Global LNG (GGLNG), have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for the supply of up to 2.5 million tonnes of LNG to the state, a statement said Thursday.
“Following the successful signing in January this year of a structured deal to supply 0.3 million tonnes a year of LNG for the next two years, GSPC and Gazprom are now exploring the possibility of building further on this mutually beneficial relation. This MOU represents another significant step towards building upon the already strong relation between GSPC and Gazprom,” said Tapan Ray, managing director of GSPC.
“We believe securing sufficient long term LNG supplies is imperative for meeting the growing energy needs of our country,” he added.
Nigel Kuzemko, GGLNG’s Singapore-based director (LNG Development) said: “This deal provides both parties with the possibility to further enhance our relationship. We see tremendous value in establishing a long term alliance with GSPC as they provide access to one of the major gas demand centres in India.”
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- GSPC-Gazprom tie up for LNG supply - Jan 11, 2011
- Russia's Gazprom in talks over LNG supplies to India - Oct 25, 2010
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- LNG facility for GM plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Sep 22, 2010
- GMR secures funding for its Singapore power project - Jul 15, 2011
- IOC to set up LNG terminal in Chennai - Mar 22, 2012
- Russia-China trade turnover doubles to $60 bn in 2010 - Jun 04, 2011
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- Bangladesh signs LNG import deal with Qatar - Jan 17, 2011
- Now Russian gas to Europe to pass through Turkey - Dec 29, 2011
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- 30 MNCs, 16 countries - Gujarat gears up for investor summit - Jan 11, 2011
- India, Canada to fast-track nuclear deal - Sep 12, 2012
- GSPC-led consortium wins bid for Kakinada-Bhilwara pipeline - Oct 19, 2010