GSM operators add 6.5 mn subscribers in SeptemberOctober 19th, 2011 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) India’s GSM mobile subscribers base grew 1.07 percent in September with the addition of over 6.5 million subscribers. Uninor alone signed 1.92 million users.
The total number of GSM subscribers in the country crossed 618.28 million in September as against 611.76 million the previous month, data released by Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) showed.
With the addition of 1.92 million users Uninor’s subscribers base reached to 29.65 million.
Idea Cellular added over 1.74 million subscribers in September, a growth of 1.74 percent over the previous month, to have a total of 100.2 million subscribers.
This was followed by Bharti Airtel, which added 935,947 million subscribers, a growth of 0.54 percent, taking its total numbers to 172.78 million.
The operator has a market share of 27.95 percent.
State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, with 14.73 percent market share, added 450,341 million subscribers, a growth of 0.50 percent, taking its total subscriber base to 91 million.
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd added 30,712 million users to have a total number of 5.33 million subscribers.
- Uninor on top as India's GSM base grows 1.15 percent - Nov 21, 2011
- India adds 6.87 mn GSM subscribers in March - Apr 20, 2012
- India adds 5.34 mn GSM subscribers in August - Sep 20, 2011
- India adds 8.58 million GSM subscribers in June - Jul 18, 2011
- India adds 8.44 mn GSM subscribers in January - Feb 24, 2012
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- GSM phone subscribers grow 3.25 percent in December - Jan 19, 2011
- Airtel, Vodafone added 2.45 mn subscribers each in May - Jun 20, 2011
- 1.7 mn GSM subscribers in India, Uninor loses 1.1 mn - Aug 16, 2012
- India adds 1.7 mn GSM subscribers, Uninor loses 1.1 mn (Lead, Correcting headline) - Aug 16, 2012
- India's GSM subscribers base grows by 2.58 percent - Oct 15, 2010
- India added 11.11 mn GSM subscribers in April - May 20, 2011
- India adds 14.7 million GSM subscribers - Nov 18, 2010
- India adds 6.5 million GSM subscribers in April - May 25, 2012
- India adds 14.5 million GSM subscribers in March - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: 5 million, airtel, cellular operators, coai, gsm mobile, gsm operators, gsm subscribers, idea cellular, India, mahanagar telephone nigam ltd, market share, million subscribers, mobile subscribers, New Delhi, operators association, subscriber base