Group of ministers formed to look into 3G auction issuesJuly 13th, 2009 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) The government Monday constituted an Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) to look into matters concerning third generation (3G) spectrum auctions scheduled to happen this year.
The nine-member EGoM will be headed by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, a Department of Telecommunication (DoT) official told IANS.
Apart from Communications Minister A. Raja, the other members are P. Chidambaram, Sharad Pawar, A.K. Antony, Veerappa Moily, Ambika Soni and Prithviraj Chavan, besides Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, the official said.
The EGoM will look into matters relating to pricing of spectrum and number of operators to be allowed in each telecom circle.
The finance ministry has proposed a base price of Rs.4,040 crore for 3G spectrum whereas the DoT suggested Rs.3,540 crore.
Communications minister Raja, however, has maintained that no final decision had been taken and it would be either the EGoM or the cabinet that would take a call on the spectrum reserve price.
While presenting the union budget, Mukherjee said Rs.35,000 crore was expected to be raised from the auctions.
- EGoM on 2G spectrum deferred - Jun 21, 2012
- EGoM to decide on spectrum pricing Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- EGoM to recommend spectrum price, but cabinet to take call - Jul 20, 2012
- Wait for next gen telecom services gets longer - Jul 23, 2009
- Government forms EGoM to supervise 3G telephony - Jul 13, 2009
- Telecom EGoM to recommend lower reserve price to cabinet for approval (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- EGoM fixes reserve price of 3G spectrum, WiMax - Aug 27, 2009
- No decision on 2G pricing, EGoM favours refarming spectrum - Jun 05, 2012
- 2G spectrum base price decision deferred till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- EGoM on 2G spectrum auction issues deferred again - Jul 02, 2012
- Information ministry to vacate 700 MHz spectrum: Sibal - Mar 05, 2012
- EGoM on telecom approves spectrum mortgaging (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- EGoM to take final call Tuesday on spectrum pricing - Jun 04, 2012
- EGoM to take final call on pricing and refarming of spectrum - May 26, 2012
- Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore spectrum reserve price (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: ambika soni, base price, chavan, crore, deputy chairman, dot official, final decision, finance minister, finance ministry, montek singh ahluwalia, planning commission, pranab mukherjee, prithviraj, raja, sharad pawar, spectrum auctions, telecom circle, third generation, union budget, veerappa