Graduates from top Jharkhand institutes get good offersMarch 9th, 2008 - 3:01 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, March 9 (IANS) Graduates from Jharkhand’s top five educational institutes are being wooed by big companies, including Infosys, with fat pay packets. About 3,000 students from the five top institutes have got placements with multinational companies.
The five institutes are Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur, Institute of Social Management (ISM), Dhanbad, Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi, Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra, Ranchi, and BIT Sindri, Dhanbad.
This year, Infosys offered the maximum package of Rs.4 million to a XLRI student. The placement organised by XLRI attracted multinational and Indian companies. For 180 students, there were 298 job offers. The pay package varied between Rs.1.7 million to Rs.4 million per annum.
Similarly, for 300 students of ISM Dhanbad, the pay package varied between Rs.300,000 to Rs.2.8 million per annum. For 1,185 students of BIT Mesra, the job offers varied between Rs.400,000 and Rs.900,000 per annum. For 448 students of BIT, Sindri the offers were between Rs.200,000 and Rs.700,000, and for XISS, Ranchi the offer was between Rs.180,000 and Rs.800,000 per annum. BIT Mesra and BIT Sindri are engineering institutes.
“Jharkhand is emerging as one of the best places for technical education. Due to our effort, BIT Mesra opened its branch in Deoghar district. We have increased the budgetary allocation in technical and higher education sectors taking into account the performance of the technical institutes,” said Deputy Chief Minister Stephen Marandi.
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- More offers with dream salaries for IIM-Calcutta - Sep 28, 2010
- Placements at Delhi's newest tech university cross last year's mark - Mar 21, 2011
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- XLRI to open its new campus by 2014-end - Aug 11, 2012
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- Agra student creates record for IIT Kanpur - Dec 16, 2011
- A university to manage a rapidly urbanising India - Jul 03, 2011
- Finance companies dominate IIM-C placements - Apr 10, 2012
- New Vice Chancellor for BIT-Mesra - Jun 22, 2010
- IIT-Kharagpur best technology school in India: Survey - Dec 27, 2009
- Jharkhand hikes salaries of ministers, legislators - Sep 03, 2011
- Financial sector key recruiter at IIM-Kozhikode - Mar 15, 2010
- With 100 percent placement, cheer at youngest IIM - Mar 31, 2010
Tags: birla institute of technology, bit mesra ranchi, bit sindri, budgetary allocation, deputy chief minister, education sectors, engineering institutes, infosys, ism dhanbad, labour research, marandi, multinational companies, rs 180, rs 200, rs 800, social management, technical institutes, xavier institute, xiss ranchi, xlri jamshedpur