Govt to take decision on oil price next weekNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:19 am ICT by admin
He made this statement after a brief meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the issue.
“A decision may take two-three days,” he said, but did not rule out the possibility of a price hike.
According to reports, Deora might also meet UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to apprise her on the scenario emerging surging international crude oil prices. .
The Indian basket is now trading at over 85 dollars per barrel, widening the revenue loss of Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum by nearly Rs 7,000 crore.
The state-run firms are currently incurring Rs 240 crore losses per day on sale of petrol, diesel, LPG (cooking gas) and PDS kerosene.
“Crude oil prices have gone up so much… they have put enormous burden on our PSUs. It’s our duty to protect their interest and we will do all possible,” he said. (ANI)
- Diesel under-recoveries of oil companies rise 14 percent - Aug 16, 2012
- No alternative to petrol price hike: Deora - Jan 17, 2011
- Fresh petrol price hike of Rs.1.80 per litre - Nov 03, 2011
- Government intervention if crude oil prices turn volatile: Deora - Jul 02, 2010
- No plans to raise diesel prices, roll back petrol rate: Jaipal - Jan 20, 2011
- Diesel, kerosene and cooking gas price hiked; common man, opposition angry (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2011
- Oil companies to bear Rs.121,571 crore under-recoveries: Reddy - Oct 19, 2011
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Hike likely in diesel, LPG, kerosene prices - Sep 05, 2012
- Government will check oil price fluctuation: Deora - Oct 27, 2010
- Oil firms mulling another price hike - Nov 01, 2011
- Diesel price to go up if inflation comes down: Rangarajan - Oct 20, 2011
- Government to free diesel, LPG prices after weighing impact - Dec 12, 2011
- Petrol prices to be hiked by 70 paise from midnight (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Diesel price to be decontrolled in due course: Deora - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: apprise, bharat petroleum, crore, crude oil prices, deora, enormous burden, hindustan petroleum, indian basket, indian oil, international crude oil, kerosene, lpg, oil price, price hike, price rise, prime minister manmohan singh, psus, sonia gandhi, UPA