Govt okays FDI proposals worth Rs.2,727 croreSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) The government has approved 24 foreign direct investment proposals worth Rs.2,727.41 crore, including Rs.1,100 crore investment in power sector by Asian Genco Pte Ltd of Singapore.
Based on the recommendations of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), the government has rejected 12 proposals and deferred 22 proposals, an officials statement said Thursday.
Asian Genco’s proposal to set up a company in India with an investment of Rs.1,100 crore has been given the green signal. It will accelerate the company’s investment in power sector in India.
NDTV Lifestyle Holdings’ proposal to raise Rs.186 crore through induction of foreign equity has also been approved. The company plans to raise the money for uplinking and broadcasting of non-news and current affairs programmes.
Other approved proposals include Housing Development and Infrastructure Limited’s plan to raise Rs.747.50 crore for development of residential and commercial projects. The company is involved in slum rehabilitation and airport development.
Jagran Media Network Pvt. Ltd’s plan to raise Rs.225 crore and Kal Media Services Pvt. Ltd’s plan to raise Rs.3,96 crore foreign funds have also been approved.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- Government amends rules to toughen entry for TV channels - Oct 07, 2011
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 million - Jan 10, 2012
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- Centre approves FDI proposals worth over Rs.2000 crore - Jul 23, 2010
- Unitech opposes Uninor's proposed rights issue - Jul 25, 2012
- Government says no wrongdoing in clearing Aircel-Maxis deal (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 24 foreign investment proposals worth Rs.1,412 crore approved - May 19, 2010
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Gujarat NRE Coke approves issuance of 5 crore warrants - May 15, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,