Government to meet industry leaders WednesdayNovember 18th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) The government will meet corporate leaders Wednesday to obtain inputs on the problems faced by the industry in the face of an economic slowdown.”We are holding a meeting tomorrow of industry associations to get inputs from them about some sectors which need funding and help urgently,” Minister of State for Industries Ashwini Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the India Economic Summit here Tuesday.
There is a need to know some sector-specific issues that need urgent government help, he said.
“The government at the highest level will help the industry proactively,” Kumar added.
Asked about the export share of India in the international market, he said: “India has only 1.5 percent share in exports in the global market and this needs to be increased considerably.”
We need to do everything possible to spur this demand, he added.
To a query on the recent cases of dumping from China, Kumar said: “We are doing everything under the jurisdiction of the anti-dumping laws.”
India in September had initiated a sunset review of the anti-dumping duty on import of Nylon tyre cord fabric from China.
Earlier, industry leaders had requested to enhance the anti-dumping duty, as despite the duty in force the domestic industry still experienced the hazards of dumped imports from China.
- China to adjust anti-dumping duties on Indian antibiotics - Aug 16, 2012
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- US files complaint over China car duties - Jul 06, 2012
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- $8.25 billion exports by 2014 achievable: leather exporters - Jan 30, 2011
- Centre extends trade defence measures to domestic industry - Dec 02, 2009
- Vietnam criticises India's anti-dumping duties - Mar 31, 2009
- 15 cases of dumping of Chinese products being probed - Mar 10, 2010
- Bangladesh footwear major eyes Indian, EU markets - Jun 30, 2010
- Anti-dumping duty on Chinese Vitamin C extended - Jun 19, 2009
- India, China-like strong trade linkages key to recovery: IMF - Jun 21, 2010
- Government announces sops; eyes 20 percent exports growth - Jun 05, 2012
- Team Anna alleges kickbacks in India's major deals - Apr 26, 2012
- Industry calls for more customs duty on steel - Jun 28, 2009
- Low costs luring Indian textile makers to Bangladesh - Oct 16, 2011