Government to encourage women entrepreneurs: Vayalar RaviSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) The government will try to solve the problems faced by women entrepreneurs in the country, Vayalar Ravi, minister for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), said Monday.
“Whatever the issue is, you raise it and it will be addressed,” Ravi said at an international conference of women entrepreneurs here.
According to the minister, women entrepreneurs are involved in all sorts of works, from making papads to power cables, but have only 7.6 percent share of the 26-million-strong MSME industries in the country.
Their share should touch at least 25 percent, he said.
Around 800 women entrepreneurs from 50 countries are attending this three-day conference, including Pakistan and Bangladesh. Women entrepreneurs from Islamabad Women Chamber of Commerce and others are also exhibiting their products at the conference.
Rajnee Aggarwal, president, Federation of Indian Women Entrepreneurs (FIWE), said the conference would highlight the issues faced by women entrepreneurs all over the world.
“Today, we have more women talking about building businesses rather than earning a supplementary income for the household,” Aggarwal told IANS.
“Government should focus on dissemination of information,” she said, adding there are many policies which are not transparent or correctly advertised.
- 17 Pakistanis fail to get visas for entrepreneurs meet - Sep 03, 2012
- Problems of Bengal small/medium industries being probed: Minister - Jul 11, 2011
- Government approves mandatory procurement policy from SMEs - Nov 01, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- New plan to help unregistered MSMEs: FISME - May 16, 2012
- Student entrepreneur for global award to be chosen in Coimbatore - Aug 31, 2011
- IITs, IIMs to help MSMEs improve managerial skills - Apr 26, 2012
- Shift thrust to MSME sector: Northeastern states - Jun 14, 2012
- MSMEs want separate pre-budget meeting with finance minister - Jan 14, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh meets Mozambique Trade Minister - Mar 30, 2011
- Karnataka to set up second foundry cluster - Mar 05, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh welcomes budget allocation of Rs. 2700 crore for MSME sector - Feb 28, 2011
- Vayalar Ravi to handle Deshmukh's portfolio - Aug 10, 2012
- Bengal to form MSME panel - Jan 19, 2012
- Will decide on opening multi-brand retail to FDI: Sharma - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: all sorts, bangladesh, chamber of commerce, dissemination of information, household, indian women entrepreneurs, New Delhi, pakistan, power cables, problems faced by women entrepreneurs, small and medium enterprises, supplementary income, world today