Government to boost insurance and mutual fund industryAugust 6th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) Finance Minister P. Chidambaram Monday said that the government will announce a number of decisions in the next few weeks to boost the mutual fund industry and the insurance sector.
“Both the mutual funds industry and insurance sectors have turned sluggish. In the next few weeks, we will announce a number of decision to attract more people to invest in mutual funds, insurance policies and other well-designed instruments,” Chidambaram said at a media briefing.
He said the government will also work towards removing supply side bottlenecks in the manufacturing and export sector.
“Manufacturing and exports are two key drivers of the economy. Both have registered low or negative growth in recent months. It is imperative that we reverse this trend.
“Supply side constraints on the side of manufacturing and exports must be removed in double quick time. We intend to work with manufacturers and exporters to implement short and medium term measures,” Chidambaram said.
The finance minister said that the implementation of large infrastructure and other projects with an investment of Rs.1,000 crore or more will be monitored closely under by the cabinet committee of economic affairs (CCEA).
- June industrial output data disappointing: Chidambaram - Aug 09, 2012
- Quick decisions needed to boost investments: Chidambaram - Aug 31, 2012
- Infrastructure projects bottlenecks to be removed: Chidambaram - Aug 06, 2012
- India's factory output slows further in May - Jul 12, 2011
- India's April industrial output rises at a slow 6.3 percent - Jun 10, 2011
- Government announces sops; eyes 20 percent exports growth - Jun 05, 2012
- India Inc welcomes budget 2011-12 - Feb 28, 2011
- Lower EMIs for consumer durables, Chidambaram tells PSBs (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Factory output dips by 1.8 percent in June (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- India raises overseas investment limit in government bonds (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2012
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- Experts' views on RBI monetary policy review - Jul 31, 2012
- India will soon be back on high growth path: Chidambaram - Jul 10, 2012
- India inc favours investments in equities, mutual funds - Aug 27, 2012
- Indian economy to grow by 6.9 percent this fiscal (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: bottlenecks, cabinet committee, decisions, economic affairs, economy, export sector, finance minister, implementation, infrastructure, insurance policies, insurance sector, insurance sectors, mutual fund industry, mutual funds industry, New Delhi, p chidambaram, quick time, rs 1, side constraints, term measures