Government should be proactive in reducing unemployment: Narayana MurthyAugust 3rd, 2012 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 3 (IANS) Infosys chairman emeritus N.R. Narayana Murthy Friday asked the government to be more proactive in reducing unemployment and poverty in the country.
“This is the time to request the government to be more proactive in creating, helping foreign direct investments, domestic direct investments. So that we can create millions of jobs, so that all the poor youngsters can lead a better quality of life,” Murthy said on the sidelines of a function here.
“We should encourage entrepreneurship in the country. We should encourage lots of FDI in India. That’s the only way we can remove poverty and unemployment.”
Asked whether government policies are moving towards job creation, Murthy said: “There is no point in simply criticizing the government. Let us look at how we can all work together in creating more and more jobs.”
He was in the city to take part in a scholarship distribution programme by Anant, an education initiative of Infinity Group.
- Infosys' Murthy wants budget to turbo-charge economy - Feb 27, 2012
- IT industry backs Murthy, Premji on policy paralysis - Jun 14, 2012
- Indian IT to be worth $300 bn in decade - Jul 18, 2011
- Mentor our IT groups, Bengal urges Narayana Murthy - Jul 05, 2011
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- Lack of clarity on software exports hurting industry: Murthy - May 21, 2012
- Bengal's new IT policy emphasises animation, graphics and hardware - Aug 16, 2012
- Infosys' Murthy pitches for Indians to study in Japan - Feb 27, 2012
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- Murthy sells Infosys shares to fund young entrepreneurs (Lead) - Oct 22, 2009
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys opens corporate education centre in Mysore - Sep 15, 2009
- Infosys' Murthy favours PM, judiciary under Lokpal's ambit - Jun 12, 2011
- Karnataka global investors' meet kicks off - Jun 07, 2012
- Bengal's new IT policy to boost animation, hardware jobs (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: chairman emeritus, education initiative, fdi in india, foreign direct investments, government policies, infinity group, infosys, job creation, jobs, kolkata, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy, poor youngsters, poverty, quality of life, scholarship, sidelines, unemployment