Government receives record 181 bids for hydocarbon explorationJune 30th, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) The government received 181 bids from 96 companies for exploration in 45 blocks of hydrocarbon assets, it announced Monday. Of the 57 blocks put on auction Monday, 26 received multiple bids and 19 received single bids. Twelve blocks did not receive any bid.
This was the seventh round of auctions.
Bidders included BHP Hilton, BP Plc (formerly British Petroleum), Cairn Energy, ONGC, Reliance Industries, Essar Oil and GVK Industries. There were 21 foreign companies, including nine first-time bidders.
No decision has been taken on multiple bids. Evaluation has to be completed within two months, and contracts signed by September 30.
This is the highest number of bids for oil and gas exploration received by the government so far.
In the sixth round of auctions in 2006, it received 165 bids for the 52 blocks put on auction.
- Government receives 181 bids for 45 hydrocarbon blocks (Lead) - Jun 30, 2008
- Government inks production sharing contract for 5th oil block - Sep 10, 2012
- ONGC wins most blocks in hydrocarbon auction - Oct 12, 2009
- Cabinet awards coal-bed methane gas blocks - Jun 24, 2010
- Vedanta buys out Cairn's India subsidiary - Dec 08, 2011
- Vedanta meets all conditions for stake buy out: Cairn - Dec 07, 2011
- ONGC says its approval needed for Cairn-Vedanta deal - Oct 21, 2010
- Cairn India and PetroSA deal on oil exploration in South Africa - Aug 16, 2012
- ONGC exploring for gas deposits in Mizoram - Aug 11, 2011
- Cabinet approves $2.18 bn investment in Venezuela oil block - Mar 19, 2010
- Bidders response to India's new oil, gas blocks was satisfactory: Jaipal Reddy - Mar 28, 2011
- Reliance gets approval for $7.2 billion BP deal - Aug 09, 2011
- SC notice to government on plea against Cairn-Vedanta deal (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Cairn chief meets India's oil minister after Vedanta deal - Aug 17, 2010
- Centre signs 31 contracts under New Exploration Licensing Policy - Jun 30, 2010
Tags: assets, auction, auctions, bhp, bidders, bp, bp plc, british petroleum, cairn energy, contracts, essar oil, gvk industries, hilton, hydrocarbon, New Delhi, oil and gas, oil and gas exploration, ongc, reliance industries