Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 croreJanuary 13th, 2011 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 13 (IANS) The government has approved 19 foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals worth Rs.4,340.77 crore (Rs.43.40 billion) from groups such as Tata Steel, Future Ventures and Hindalco Industries. The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) at its meeting held Dec 31, 2010 approved 19 proposals of FDI but rejected 16 proposals, according to a finance ministry statement released Thursday.
The FIPB has cleared Tata Steels’ proposal worth Rs.1,100 crore for issue of warrants as part of its fund mobilisation plan.
The US-based Federal Express has got the green signal for its Rs.607 crore investment in the business of courier, express transportation, logistics and warehousing services.
Future Ventures India Limited has got approval for a Rs.300 crore foreign fund. The proposal is for induction of foreign equity in investing company by way of issue and allotment of equity shares in the initial public offering (IPO) of the company to foreign institutional investors and NRIs under the portfolio investment scheme, the statement said.
Hindalco Industries’ ex-post-facto approval for issuance of partly paid up shares as part of rights issue has also been approved. The proposal is worth Rs.508.63 crore.
The FIPB headed by Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla has rejected two FDI proposals, including that of B4U Television Network for induction of foreign equity to carry out business of up-linking a non-news and current affairs television channel.
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- Govt okays FDI proposals worth Rs.2,727 crore - Sep 23, 2010
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 million - Jan 10, 2012
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- 24 foreign investment proposals worth Rs.1,412 crore approved - May 19, 2010
- Government amends rules to toughen entry for TV channels - Oct 07, 2011
- India approves 26 foreign equity proposals worth $200 mn - Mar 26, 2009
- Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.524 cr approved - Dec 30, 2009
- 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.733 crore approved - Jan 28, 2010
- Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.74.61 crore okayed - Sep 08, 2009
- Government clears foreign investment worth Rs.2,325 cr - Mar 29, 2010
Tags: courier express, fdi proposals, federal express, finance ministry, finance secretary, fipb, foreign institutional investors, foreign investment promotion board, hindalco industries, india limited, initial public offering, investing company, investment promotion board, investment scheme, ministry statement, portfolio investment, tata steel, tata steels, transportation logistics, warehousing services