Government inks production sharing contract for 5th oil blockSeptember 10th, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) The government Monday signed a production sharing contract (PSC) for the fifth oil block it had awarded on Aug 28, 2012.
“PSC for the block (MB-DWN-2010/1) has been signed on 10.09.2012 with the awardees consortium BG Exploration and Production and BHP Billiton Petroleum,” the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) said in a statement.
While BG will be the operator of the block, BHP, a major mining multinational, will be the international exploration partner.
The companies were awarded the block off the Mumbai coast under the ninth round of the new exploration licensing policy (NELP-IX).
The cabinet had earlier approved awarding of five oil exploration blocks to the bidders. However, the PSCs were only signed for four blocks.
Major hydrocarbon players like ONGC, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petro Resources had signed PSCs for four exploration blocks on Aug 30, 2012.
The new signing brings the total PSCs signed under NELP-IX to 18.
- KG basin gas output 31 percent lower - Aug 02, 2011
- Bidders response to India's new oil, gas blocks was satisfactory: Jaipal Reddy - Mar 28, 2011
- Centre signs 31 contracts under New Exploration Licensing Policy - Jun 30, 2010
- Auction of oil and gas blocks under NELP IX soon - Mar 20, 2010
- Cabinet approves three-year drilling moratorium for oil explorers - Jul 08, 2010
- New oil blocks up for auction with no more tax breaks - Oct 15, 2010
- ONGC signs new oil and gas block contracts - Jun 30, 2010
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- Cabinet approves $2.18 bn investment in Venezuela oil block - Mar 19, 2010
Tags: bharat petro, bhp billiton, bhp billiton petroleum, bidders, cabinet committee, dwn, economic affairs, exploration and production, exploration blocks, four blocks, hindustan petroleum, hydrocarbon, inks, international exploration, New Delhi, oil block, oil exploration, petro resources, psc, pscs