Government approves four IT SEZsMarch 20th, 2008 - 8:41 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 20 (IANS) The Indian government Thursday granted approvals to six special economic zones (SEZs), four of them in the IT-ITeS sector. The Board of Approvals (BoA) of the commerce and industry ministry headed by Commerce Secretary G.K. Pillai gave the go ahead.
The four IT SEZs are coming up in Karnataka, Haryana and Kerala.
Another biotech SEZ to be developed by Vivo Bio Tech Ltd in Andhra Pradesh also received the government’s formal nod.
A proposal that got in-principle approval is an engineering SEZ that will come up in Maharashtra, courtesy the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corp (MIDC).
So far, formal approvals have been granted for setting up 449 SEZs, out of which 206 have been notified, Pillai said.
- Seven SEZ projects approved - Apr 09, 2010
- Government to take up 15 SEZ proposals today - Jun 04, 2008
- Govt okays 11 special economic zones - Sep 16, 2010
- Government to meet Goa's SEZ developers - Feb 25, 2008
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- Government approves 10 more special economic zones - Feb 25, 2008
- Ten special economic zones get government nod - Feb 23, 2009
- Maharashtra axes four SEZs after local opposition - Jul 31, 2012
- DLF asks government to denotify four SEZs (Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- Goa move to scrap SEZs awaits central government's nod - Dec 09, 2008
- BoA clears 5 formal, 1 in-principle for SEZs - Mar 20, 2008
- Lepakshi Knowledge Hub to set up textile park - Feb 29, 2012
- Government clears West Bengal steel special economic zone - Sep 22, 2008
- 23 SEZ proposals cleared - Jun 05, 2008
- Eight more special economic zones approved - Jun 02, 2009