Government appoints panel to review oil firm contractsMay 31st, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) The government Thursday set up a panel headed by C. Rangarajan, chairman of the prime minister’s economic advisory council, to review production sharing contracts in the oil and gas sector.
The committee will submit its recommendations by Aug 31 this year.
The six-member committee will look into “all modifications necessary for future production sharing contracts so as to enhance production of oil and gas and the government’s share of this while minimising procedures for monitoring the expenditure of producers”, according to a statement released by the Prime Minister’s office.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has approved the constitution of the committee on the request of Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Jaipal Reddy.
The committee has been asked to review the existing production sharing contracts, including in respect of the current profit-sharing mechanism with the Pre-Tax Investment Multiple (PTIM) as the base parameter.
The government has also asked the committee to suggest structure and elements of the guidelines for “determining the basis or formula for the price of domestically produced gas, and for monitoring actual price fixation”.
Members of the committee include B.K. Chaturvedi, member Planning Commission, Jagannadha Rao, former judge of the Supreme Court, Ramprasad Sengupta, professor at Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, JNU, J.M. Mauskar, former IAS officer, and Joeman Thomas, managing director of ONGC Videsh Ltd.
- Committee invites stakeholders' views on oil and gas output sharing contracts - Jul 03, 2012
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
- Diesel price may be freed if inflation falls - Feb 21, 2011
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- Turkmenistan gas pipeline transit fee finalised: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- Diesel price to go up if inflation comes down: Rangarajan - Oct 20, 2011
- Decision on fuel prices deferred, CCPA meet postponed - Sep 11, 2012
- India's interests growing in African oil, gas assets - Sep 04, 2011
- Supreme Court not to meddle in fuel pricing (Lead) - Nov 18, 2011
- OVL records highest production from foreign assets - Aug 19, 2010
- ONGC gets nod for investment in Vietnamese oil block - Oct 01, 2009
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- Even oil ministry said RIL has full gas marketing freedom: RNRL - Dec 01, 2009
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: c rangarajan, chaturvedi, economic advisory council, economic studies, fixation, gas sector, jaipal reddy, managing director, manmohan, manmohan singh, member committee, New Delhi, oil and gas, oil firm, ongc videsh, planning commission, price fixation, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, tax investment