Google reports fourth quarter financial resultsJanuary 22nd, 2010 - 5:00 am ICT by BNO News
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) – Google on Thursday announced the financial results for the quarter and the fiscal year that ended on December 31, 2009.
Google reported a 17% over year revenue growth, with reported revenues of $6.67 billion.
“Google had a strong fourth quarter, with 17% year over year revenue growth,” said Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google. “Given that the global economy is still in the early days of recovery, this was an extraordinary end to the year. Our performance in 2009 underscored the strength of our management team, the resilience of our business model and the pace of innovation within our product and engineering teams, which continued unabated throughout the downturn.”
Among the fourth quarter financial highlights are $4.42 billion in Google Sites revenues, $2.04 billion in Google Network revenues, and an increase of 13% over the fourth quarter of 2008 and increased approximately 9% over the third quarter of 2009.
Google’s effective tax rate was 23% for the fourth quarter of 2009.
- Google announces management changes - Jan 21, 2011
- Google posts higher revenue than in 2009 - Jul 16, 2010
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Google profit jumps 19 percent - Jul 17, 2009
- Google first-quarter profits up 8.9 percent - Apr 17, 2009
- Google says the worst is over - Oct 16, 2009
- Double-digit growth turning point for IT industry: Infosys - Oct 15, 2010
- Vodafone Group's quarterly India revenue grows 6.3 percent - Feb 09, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys bets on double-digit growth again; beats guidance (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- US economic growth accelerates - Jan 28, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam's net profit up by six percent - Nov 10, 2011
- Bharti Airtel quarterly revenue rises by 17 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Google reports strong second-quarter earnings - Jul 20, 2012