Google India launches premeir SME partner programmeSeptember 5th, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Google India Wednesday launched a small and medium enterprise (SME) partner programme to maximize its reach to small businesses across the country and provide them specialised services to grow through digital advertising.
“Google’s premier SME partners will be trained to offer the highest level of expertise and proficiency in developing, launching and managing digital campaigns for small and medium sized businesses,” the company said in a statement.
The firm will invest in helping partners with dedicated marketing and sales support that includes direct access to Google, co-branded market collateral, market research, training, technical and operational support, assigned account manager and joint sales pitches.
“India is a hotbed of small medium sized businesses and digital advertising lends itself well to help these businesses grow and compete at equal footing with large established playersonline,” said Rajan Anandan, managing director and vice-president, sales, Google India.
According to him, the firm wants to expand its reach by recruiting 30 new partners across India by end of next year, so that more and more SMEs can benefit from a direct engagement with a Google-trained professional.
Anandan also said India is a strategic market for Google, and the firm will continue to invest in other capacity building initiatives through its existing Google Engage platform, focused on training and supporting businesses that specialize in helping other SMEs succeed online.
Google India has already shortlisted six such premier partners and has been working with them to help them ramp up their sales force through training programme.
- Google banks on SMEs for India expansion - Nov 17, 2010
- Google India offers free website to small, medium businesses - Nov 02, 2011
- Tulip Telecom offers on-demand cloud storage services - May 03, 2012
- India, US launch SME forum to create jobs - Sep 22, 2010
- India's SMEs welcome 100 percent FDI in single-brand retail - Jan 27, 2012
- SBI to open new SME branches in Bengal - Apr 27, 2012
- Crisil to target SMEs in tier II, III towns - Feb 22, 2012
- NSE gets green signal for SME exchange - Oct 14, 2011
- India may tweak SME definition for IKEA investment - Aug 04, 2012
- BSE SME Exchange to come up with new index - Jun 30, 2011
- Ratings reduce borrowing costs of SMEs: Crisil - Apr 19, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- NSE to launch SME exchange in November - Nov 03, 2011
- IDBI best public sector bank for SME financing: D&B - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: capacity building, digital advertising, direct access, equal footing, google, hotbed, managing director, medium sized businesses, new partners, operational support, playersonline, premier partners, proficiency, sales pitches, shortlisted, small and medium enterprise, smes, strategic market, training programme, vice president sales