Goodyear advances on list of America’s most reputable companiesJune 5th, 2012 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 IANS) The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has again been recognized as one of America’s most reputable companies by Forbes, ranked 26th on the magazine’s seventh annual ranking of corporate reputation in the United States, up from its 38th place in 2011.
Goodyear is the only tyre maker on the list and the highest-ranked company in the automotive industry.
The list is based on the results of the Reputation Institute’s US Reputation Pulse consumer survey that was conducted in the first quarter of 2012. The survey measures the overall trust, esteem, admiration and good feelings more than 10,000 consumers hold toward 150 of the country’s largest companies.
Scores are based on RI’s seven dimensions of reputation: products/services, innovation, governance, workplace, citizenship, leadership and financial performance.
RI said the 2012 survey indicates that perceptions of the enterprise (workplace, governance, citizenship, financial performance and leadership) were more important than product perceptions (products/services and innovation) in driving consumer behaviour.
“This recognition is particularly significant as it goes beyond the value consumers place on our brands and innovative products,” Goodyear Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Kramer said.
“It reflects the public’s perception of the goals and shared values articulated in The Goodyear Mission that guides our associates every day. The survey shows that consumers continue to recognize that the Goodyear brand stands for great citizenship in addition to great tires.”
- Airtel, ICICI among 'top 100 global brands' - May 23, 2012
- 'Women with Drive' programme launched to mark 100th International Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- Goodyear, NASA honored for innovative 'spring' tyre - Nov 25, 2010
- Five Indian firms among world's most innovative - Sep 07, 2012
- 11 Indian firms in Forbes Asia's Fab 50 - Sep 04, 2012
- Nargis Fakhri is HCL Infosystems' brand ambassador - Aug 31, 2012
- Maharashtra rice farmer's inventions put him in Forbes' list - Nov 17, 2010
- Ujjwal Mukhopadhyay named Avon India managing director - Mar 29, 2012
- 136 Chinese, 61 Indian firms on Forbes' list - Apr 20, 2012
- Airtel Nigeria most innovative company of the year - Sep 10, 2012
- Input costs, lack of reforms hit India Inc. business confidence - Aug 12, 2012
- Lufthansa, Finnair, Cathay most innovative airlines - Jul 30, 2011
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- Microsoft India the best employer: Randstad - Apr 26, 2012
- Corporate logos can both help and harm - May 17, 2011
Tags: admiration, automotive industry, chief executive officer, consumer behaviour, consumer survey, corporate reputation, financial performance, good feelings, goodyear, goodyear tire, innovative products, kramer, New Delhi, product perceptions, reputable companies, reputation institute, rubber company, survey indicates that, tyre, value consumers