Goodricke to launch ready-to-drink products by DecemberApril 7th, 2009 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 7 (IANS) Tea plantation company Goodricke Group Ltd is gearing up to launch ready-to-drink cold beverage product by December this year, a top official said here Tuesday.
“Over 250 million bottles of our ready-to-drink variety will be available in three flavours - peach, lemon and orange,” company managing director A.N. Singh told reporters on the sidelines of the annual general meeting.
Goodricke, whose gardens are spread over Darjeeling and Dooars in West Bengal, and Assam, would use the Goodricke brand owned by the UK-based parent company Camellia Plc as an umbrella brand for the ready-to-drink segment till the exact name is finalised.
Country’s largest tea company Tata Tea had last month announced its foray into the tea and fruit-based cold beverage market with the launch of T!ON brand.
Talking about Goodricke’s tea business, Singh said the company has plans to reduce sale of tea from its Darjeeling gardens through the auction route and shift more quantity to the retail market.
“By reducing the share of sale through auction from the present 70 percent to 50 percent within the next three years, we would be saving on costs incurred in putting the tea to auction,” Singh said.
In a bid to increase retail sale, the company has recently opened a tea lounge and has entered into distribution tie-ups with shopping malls, he added.
The share of packet tea sales, which currently stands at 5 percent of 21.52 million kg tea manufactured in 2008, would be doubled to 10 percent in three years, Singh said.
The profit after tax of the company for 2008 was Rs.l7.58 crore, up from Rs.7.74 crore in 2007.
- Camellia Plc 'very interested' in acquiring Assam tea gardens - Apr 18, 2012
- Green tea business grows in India amid health awareness - Feb 26, 2012
- Love your morning cuppa? Get ready to pay more - Feb 09, 2012
- Darjeeling Dooars, Terai tea gardens to lose over Rs.220 crore - Aug 11, 2011
- Goodricke tea output to rise to 21 mn kgs in 2010 - Apr 13, 2010
- Technical glitch hits Darjeeling tea e-auction plan - Jun 18, 2012
- MARS Group aiming to produce 5 mn kg of tea in 2013 - Dec 21, 2011
- Goodricke looking to buy tea gardens in Africa - Apr 12, 2011
- Goodricke seeks partners for iced tea retail - Apr 12, 2011
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Indian tea makers to showcase brew at London Olympics - Jul 25, 2012
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
- Coke profits soar to $6.8 bn riding India, China sales (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Sourenee to sell Darjeeling teas in foreign markets - Oct 25, 2011
- Himachal to give free net books to 4,000 school toppers - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: annual general meeting, beverage market, cold beverage, crore, darjeeling, dooars, launch, packet tea, plantation company, retail market, shopping malls, tata tea, tea business, tea company, tea lounge, tea plantation, tea sales, tie ups, umbrella brand, west bengal