Gold may surge to Rs.22,000 per 10 grams by year-endSeptember 12th, 2010 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) Gold price may surge to a record Rs.22,000 per 10 grams by the end of this year as uncertainty in the US and European economies forces investors to bank on the precious metal.
During the forthcoming festival season, gold price is likely to hover around Rs.21,000 per 10 grams, according to a survey conducted by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Assocham).
It says that bullion prices would continue to head northwards until correction starts in the capital markets.
Major players in the capital markets, including mutual funds, are holding huge cash balances and investing in precious metals in anticipation of corrections in the capital markets.
“Until corrections resume in equity market, these funds would go on making a beeline to commodities, more specifically bullion, which has taken gold and silver to all time high,” Assocham report said.
Assocham said rising inflationary pressure across the world and uncertainty in the US and the Euro-zone economies were among the major reasons behind the surge in gold price.
“This is likely to continue in the foreseeable time, raising hopes for a further hike in bullion prices,” it added.
High gold prices are likely to negatively affect jewellery business in the country as demands remain subdued.
According to the report, nearly 40 percent jewellers have already put their shutters down in Ahmedabad because of negligible sales. “This is likely to further escalate and force these businesses to look for alternate sources of income.”
- Gold rush before Dhanteras: Jewellers - Oct 23, 2011
- Soaring gold price dampens consumer sentiment - Aug 20, 2011
- Gold sales up on Dhanteras despite high prices - Oct 24, 2011
- Gold consumption up by 66 percent in 2010 - Feb 18, 2011
- Gold traders on Akshaya Tritiya high - Apr 23, 2012
- Golden returns from silver push prices to all-time high - Feb 27, 2011
- Gold prices reach a record high of $1,900 - Aug 23, 2011
- Gold breaches Rs.19,000 per 10 gm mark in India - Jun 01, 2010
- India again saw gold rush despite robust stock markets (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2010
- Gold Prices Soaring, But It May Plunge Soon - Sep 16, 2010
- India, China driving gold demand despite high price: Council - Aug 18, 2011
- South Korea's foreign reserves shrink to $308 bn - Dec 02, 2011
- Gold prices cross 1,000 dollars an ounce - Sep 08, 2009
- Cheer for buyers as gold prices dip on Akshaya Tritiya (Roundup) - May 06, 2011
- Levy on unbranded jewellery to be withdrawn: Pranab - May 07, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, alternate sources, anticipation, beeline, bullion prices, capital markets, cash balances, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, euro zone, european economies, gold and silver, gold price, gold prices, inflationary pressure, jewellers, precious metal, precious metals, rs 21, shutters