GoAir orders 72 aircraft from AirbusJune 16th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) In a move to service increasing passenger growth, budget carrier GoAir Thursday said it has placed an order worth Rs.32,400 crore ($7.2 billion) with Airbus for 72 A320 aircraft.
“In terms of aircraft, we see tremendous potential in India. With India’s GDP growing at a brisk 8-9 percent, we see a great future ahead for the aviation sector,” said Jeh Wadia, the managing director of GoAir.
According to Wadia, the A320 would allow the company to increase savings through low-fuel consuming aircraft.
The airline had previously placed an order for 20 Airbus A320s. The current order has increased GoAir’s total order with Airbus to 92 aircraft worth Rs.43,200 crore ($9.6 bn).
- GoAir orders Pratt & Whitney engines for 72 Airbus aircraft - Feb 15, 2012
- GoAir denies move to sell stake to Paramount - Oct 04, 2009
- Goair flies new aircraft on Goa-Bangalore service - Aug 22, 2012
- Faulty alarm causes GoAir flight to make emergency landing - Jun 06, 2011
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircraft for $15 billion (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2011
- Paramount denies reports of GoAir takeover move - Oct 03, 2009
- Qatar Airways makes around $7 billion Airbus order - Nov 16, 2011
- Large aircraft allowed from Patna till Aug 31 - Aug 12, 2012
- Kolkata, Ranchi and Port Blair on Go-Air network soon - Sep 29, 2011
- PM holds discussions with private airline chiefs - Nov 26, 2011
- Airbus bags order for 50 planes - Nov 15, 2011
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircraft for $15 billion (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Airbus saw record orders, deliveries in 2011 - Jan 18, 2012
- Airbus Attains Record Order From IndiGo Worth Nearly $16 Billion - Jan 12, 2011
- No international operations until transaction suspension revoked: Mallya - Mar 21, 2012