Goa to launch e-tendering initiativeMay 26th, 2011 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, May 26 (IANS) The Goa government Thursday is launching an e-tendering initiative, which will enable contractors to bid, compete and be paid for government work projects online, Chief Minister Digambar Kamat announced Thursday.
Unveiling the initiative to be serviced by the Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (KEONICS), Kamat said that e-tendering would make the process transparent.
“Through this method, we will be able to achieve transparency. The contractors do not even have to come to the office to fill the tender, give the bill and even collect the payment,” he said.
Kamat, who is chairman of the Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation (GSIDC) - the agency which will be implementing the e-governance software - also said that the software was user-friendly and could be accessed globally.
“Any contractor from any part of the world will be able to fill the e-tender if he is eligible. It is a user friendly technology,” he said, adding that the software followed norms of all public works department and central public works department (CPWD).
“The contractors will also be able to receive payments directly into their bank accounts. It would be bank to bank transaction,” said GSIDC managing director Sanjit Rodrigues.
- EMC Data solution to automate government work - May 03, 2012
- Goa looks to Kolhapur scheme to improve sex ratio - Jun 01, 2011
- New system soon to book train e-tickets - Sep 14, 2012
- New e-payment system will bring down corruption: Pranab - Oct 31, 2011
- Punjab to begin e-tendering for civil works - Apr 01, 2010
- Goa PWD minister accused of corruption - Apr 18, 2011
- CVC bans Corporation Bank from awarding tenders - Jul 02, 2011
- CVC to act on Corporation Bank probe report - Jun 30, 2011
- Goa, mining firms talks on creating corridor stalemated - Jul 21, 2011
- Is Parrikar going soft on ruling Goa Congress? (News Analysis) - Feb 24, 2011
- India to discuss outsourcing curbs with Obama (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Vedanta Resources mines operated illegally in Goa: minister - Mar 17, 2011
- Expansive health insurance announced for Goan families - Dec 17, 2010
- Goa hotels to be guided on going green - Sep 15, 2011
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: bank accounts, bank transaction, chief minister, development corporation limited, e governance, electronics development, friendly technology, goa government, goa state, government work, infrastructure development, initiative, kamat, karnataka state electronics development corporation lim, managing director, norms, state electronics, state infrastructure, transparency, work projects