Goa ties up with Berlin tourism festSeptember 10th, 2011 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Sep 10 (IANS) Authorities in Goa have tied up with the travel trade show Internationale Tourismus-Borse (ITB) Berlin for the second edition of Goa International Tourism Mart next month, officials said Saturday.
Tourism authorities and ITB Berlin officials claimed the co-operation would make the event more relevant and dynamic.
“A rising number of Indian players want to engage in the growing niche market and want to learn how to sensibly approach new clientele. So we decided to hold the conference in Goa, one of the most important and most attractive travel destinations in India,” said Rika Jean-François, sales director for South Asia and Pacific and commissioner for corporate social responsibility, ITB Berlin.
“ITB Berlin is happy to use this international platform at GITM to discuss new trends and segments in the tourism industry,” she added.
ITB Berlin will organise conferences on key tourism related issues and new trends on the inaugural day of the three-day mart scheduled to begin Oct 21.
The mart will also be inviting CEOs, tourism industry experts and travel and tourism association heads from across the world as resource persons.
The tourism authority of Thailand has come on board as a wellness partner for the mart.
“We are confident that an event like GITM which is being organised on such a scale will boost trade and result in increased visitors to the state,” Goa Tourism Minister Nilkanth Halarnkar said.
- Goa tourism moves beyond beaches - Sep 16, 2011
- 28 countries, 400 buyers to participate in Goa travel mart - Oct 19, 2011
- Goa tourism to explore new market in Southeast Asia - Oct 18, 2010
- Thailand, Goa join hands to promote tourism - Aug 13, 2011
- India can tap booming gay tourism sector: Tour promoter - Oct 21, 2011
- Goa drops LGBT tourism talks amid protest from Church, others - Oct 20, 2011
- Goa wants slice of LGBT tourism pie - Oct 19, 2011
- A third of Goa's population dependent on tourism: Minister - Feb 01, 2011
- Disney-style theme park, marina and ropeway proposed for Goa - Sep 05, 2011
- Foreign firms eye Indian lesbian, gay travel pie - Jan 31, 2011
- Goa tourism hopes for Japanese boost - Dec 27, 2010
- Goa to take up its poor portrayal with film director - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Remove infrastructure bottlenecks for travel industry's growth' - Jan 29, 2011
- Goa minister defends tomatina festival - Oct 31, 2011
- Court issues notice to director of 'Dum Maaro Dum' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: attractive travel destinations, berlin itb, berlin tourism, corporate social responsibility, gitm, goa international, goa tourism, international platform, international tourism, internationale tourismus borse, itb berlin, niche market, panaji, resource persons, tourism association, tourism authorities, tourism authority of thailand, tourism industry, tourism minister, wellness partner