Goa minister’s aide held for threatening casino managementJune 19th, 2009 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 19 (IANS) An aide of Goa Tourism Minister Francisco Pacheco has been arrested for threatening the management of a casino that has been accused of not paying the minister his winnings of Rs.1.25 crore.
Matthew Diniz was arrested late Thursday after threatening the staff of the Treasures Casino at the Majorda beach resort, said police inspector Edwin Colaco.
“We received a complaint against Diniz. On verification, using the CCTV footage obtained from the casino, we arrested him,” Colaco told IANS.
On Thursday, in a complaint filed before the Colva police, Francisco accused the management of Treasures, a licensed casino, for not paying him his gambling winnings of Rs.1.25 crore between May 15 to May 22 this year.
He said only a small portion of the winnings was paid to him, that too after repeated requests.
- Goa casino files complaint against tourism minister - Jun 21, 2009
- Goa minister claims casino duped him of Rs.1.25 crore winnings - Jun 18, 2009
- Goa tourism minister accused of assaulting casino dealers - Jun 19, 2009
- 'Ministers going to casinos is bad' - Jun 22, 2009
- Goa tourism minister arrested yet again - Sep 30, 2009
- Nepali cartel running Goa casinos is fleecing patrons: minister - Jul 01, 2009
- Goa tourism minister gets interim bail in casino extortion case - Sep 19, 2009
- Goa minister booked for extorting money from casino - Sep 18, 2009
- Cops quiz Goa tourism minister in casino extortion case - Sep 29, 2009
- Goa minister gets bail in extortion case (Lead) - Sep 19, 2009
- Extortion charge against him to defame NCP, says Goa minister - Sep 18, 2009
- Man arrested for threatening to kidnap businessman's son - Feb 10, 2011
- BJP budget blows hot and cold on Goa's offshore casinos - Mar 27, 2012
- Russian tourist accuses Goa politician of rape attempt - Dec 02, 2009
- Bigamy, extortion, assault - a minister's notoriety in Goa - Jun 01, 2010