Goa makes bid to attract investmentJune 22nd, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 22 (IANS) Goa’s leading trade body and the government are hosting a one-day meet this month seeking investment in sectors like IT, entertainment, pharmaceuticals, tourism and education.
Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) president Manguirish Pai Raikar told reporters Friday that the “Goa Investment Forum 2012″ was co-hosted by the Chamber, the Goa government and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
“After consultation with the state government, we have chosen these five key segments in which we are seeking investment. They are all in the range of small to medium, non-polluting industry and suits the educated workforce which Goa’s academic and educational institutions are churning out,” Raikar said.
According to him, nearly 55 participants have confirmed their presence. Among them are entrepreneurs from Britain, Morocco and Australia.
Calling the last seven years as a period of drought as far as investment opportunities in Goa were concerned, Raikar said: “The lack of interest in Goa could partially be due to the policy and decision making paralysis that plagued the last few years of the previous political dispensation.”
- Goa looks for eco-friendly, sound proposals at investors' meet - Jun 28, 2012
- Goa industry unhappy with budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Goa Church to help combat unemployment - Jul 21, 2011
- Karnataka ore transport ban affects Goa's iron plants - Jun 21, 2011
- Goa trade body demands Rs.1,000 crore grant for state - Mar 24, 2012
- Goa wants 'nuke-guru' Anil Kakodkar as president - Apr 28, 2012
- Goa businessmen look to Australia for tourism development - Aug 24, 2012
- Industry demands roll back in Goa power hike - May 08, 2012
- Goa Church, business chamber to help school dropouts - Nov 21, 2011
- Tata's CMC to tie up with Goa trade body - Aug 26, 2011
- Goa trade forum to guide young IT entrepreneurs - Aug 11, 2011
- Can anyone make Goa's cabbies charge by meter? (Letter from Goa) - May 03, 2012
- Goa aim to convert students from job seekers to job givers - Jun 21, 2012
- Goa's tourism, mining sectors sulk at budget proposals - Feb 28, 2011
- Thailand, Goa join hands to promote tourism - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: chamber of commerce, chamber of commerce and industry, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, drought, educational institutions, ficci, gcci, goa government, indian chambers of commerce, investment forum, investment opportunities, lack of interest, pai, paralysis, pharmaceuticals, political dispensation, segments, seven years, state government