GM to launch more dealershipsSeptember 14th, 2012 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) As the launch of its much awaited hatchback Sail U-Va nears, American automobile major General Motor Friday said that it is increasing the number of its dealerships to reach out to more customers.
GM India is expected to launch the hatchback in both petrol and diesel options in the first week of November. In the interim period the company will focus on expanding dealerships in tier I and II cities.
“This is part of GM India’s goal of expanding the accessibility of our products and becoming a volume player in the market,” said Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, GM India.
The company is aiming to take its overall dealership count to over 300 by the year end, from the current 279 sales points and 272 service outlets.
The company is planning for aggressive product launches with its Enjoy multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) expected to be out later this financial year. The Enjoy will compete with Ertiga and Xylo.
The Sail hatchback, which is expected to sport a 1.2 litre petrol and 1.3 litre diesel engine will compete with Swift, Polo and i20 brands.
- General Motors showcases two new vehicles - Jan 06, 2012
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- General Motors to launch small car Sail in Q3 - Mar 26, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unveils multi-purpose vehicle Ertiga - Jan 06, 2012
- General Motors to launch six new car models by 2013 - Jan 28, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Maruti plans to roll out SUVs and MPVs - Feb 03, 2012
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Hyundai unveils concept MPV - Hexa Space - Jan 05, 2012
- Volkswagen unveils Polo model, launch this year - Jan 05, 2010
Tags: accessibility, american automobile, diesel engine, gm, India, interim period, launch, managing director, multi purpose vehicle, New Delhi, paddock, petrol, polo, service outlets, swift, year end