GM Auctions The First Chevy VoltDecember 3rd, 2010 - 12:38 am ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) General Motors have put on auction the first Chevrolet Volt and it looks like the electric car does have some rich fans. While the bids started $50,000, in no time it went up to $180,000 and reports indicate that it could go up even further. The proceeds from the auction will go to the Detroit Public Schools Foundation and it will encourage the learning of science, mathematics, engineering and technology.
GM North America President Mark Reuss announced the auction for the Chevy Volt on Tuesday and said that he and the GM VP planned to be among the early bidders for the groundbreaking car. The Chevy Volt has seen a hype that has lasted for over 4 years and several people regard it as the most advanced electrical car that could hit the streets. Mark Reuss said that every aspect of the Volt that included the aerodynamic design and the battery was a testament to the importance of mathematics and science. He added that by encouraging the study of science and maths among the students in the Detroit area, the company hoped to cultivate the next generation of engineers that would build upon the foundations laid by Chevrolet Volt.
The Chevrolet Volt that has been put up on auction comes in silver and has a light interior with dark accents. It also comes with polished wheels and is fitted with a rear camera and parking assist features. The auction package includes a 240V home charging station and home installation. The bids close at 6pm on December 14 and the results will be announced on December 16. The buyers will have their own Chevrolet Volt delivered within December as well.
- Chevy Volt: A Winner From GM's Stable! - Jan 15, 2011
- Detroit Auto Show 2011: Volt Makes GM Proud Again! - Jan 11, 2011
- GM all set to use oil spill boom material in the Chevy Volt - Dec 21, 2010
- GM Making Chevy Volt, Parts Built Using Oil Spill Boom - Dec 21, 2010
- GM Takes The Wraps Off New Camaro At Chicago Auto Show - Feb 10, 2011
- Fire in crash test of Chevy Volt launches investigation - Nov 28, 2011
- Volt goes 1000 miles between refills - May 03, 2011
- 2010's Top Selling Cars That Made Waves - Dec 21, 2010
- Chevy Volt: 230 MPG Fuel Economy Rating - Aug 11, 2009
- Review: 2011 Chevrolet Volt Car - Oct 20, 2010
- Kaushik Basu to head Infosys' science prize jury - Apr 10, 2012
- Obama touts plan for better math and science instruction - Feb 08, 2012
- GM India to launch six new models in two years - Feb 12, 2011
- Cool Cars Galore At The Los Angeles Auto Show! - Nov 20, 2010
- GM CEO Mocks At Toyota Prius, Reiterates The Company Is Back In The Game - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: aerodynamic design, auction package, bidders, charging station, chevrolet volt, chevy volt, detroit area, detroit public schools, electric car, electrical car, importance of mathematics, kar, meena, polished wheels, president mark, public schools foundation, rear camera, reuss, rich fans, science mathematics