Glitches persist on Metro’s Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon lineJanuary 11th, 2011 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) Technical glitches continued to affect services on the Delhi Metro’s busy Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon Line Tuesday with trains running at a restricted speed between two stations. The problem is only likely to be resolved by Wednesday, a Delhi Metro official said. “Currently, services between All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and INA stations are running on a caution speed. Normally, the journey between the two stations takes two minutes, now it is taking three and a half minutes,” said Rajkumar, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s (DMRC) director operations.
The problem will be entirely solved within another day, he added. Another Metro official said the problem was due to a track circuit failure.
The glitches hit Metro services Monday on two of its busiest lines, the Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line and Anand Vihar-Dwarka lines. While normalcy was soon restored on the Anand Vihar-Dwarka line, the problems persisted on the other line.
“Services on the Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line were affected with trains running at a restricted speed due to a track circuit failure. They will continue to run slightly slow till Wednesday,” a metro official said.
However, services in the opposite direction were operating normally.
With 16 lakh commuters travelling by Metro everyday, it has become the lifeline of the city. However, its efficient image has been dented with frequent technical snags in the past few months.
- Metro services hit on Gurgaon, Dwarka route - Jan 10, 2011
- Delhi Metro services hit on two busy lines (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Water on Delhi Metro tracks causes hold-up - Jul 21, 2012
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Technical snag hits Metro's Dwarka-Noida services - Oct 19, 2010
- Two extra coaches to ease rush on Delhi Metro - Dec 05, 2010
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
- Snag on Metro's Gurgaon line affects services, rectified (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Six-coach trial run on Delhi-Gurgaon Metro line - Feb 06, 2011
- Snag leaves Metro commuters stranded in tunnel - Jun 07, 2011
- Probe ordered into disruption of Delhi Metro services - Nov 20, 2010
- Delhi Metro services affected on Gurgaon line - Apr 08, 2011
- Passengers stuck in Metro for 40 minutes, services hit (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, anand, circuit failure, commuters, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, director operations, dmrc, gurgaon, india institute, lakh, lifeline, metro services, New Delhi, normalcy, rajkumar, snags, technical glitches, two minutes