Give BJP a chance to set things right in Karnataka: AdvaniMay 3rd, 2008 - 6:56 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 3 (ANI): Holding the Congress Party responsible for spiralling inflation, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate L K Advani on Saturday appealed to electorate of Karnataka to give his party a chance to set things right in Karnataka.
You have so far given the Congress party a chance indeed, many a chance. You have given various formations of the Janata Dal a chance. This time, give the BJP a chance to set things right in Bangalore and the rest of Karnataka, said Advani in his appeal to voters.
He further said that the virus of opportunism and betrayal by the Congress party and the Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) has played havoc with governance and development in Karnataka.
The same virus is threatening to hit Karnatakas politics and governance once again. The people of Karnataka should not let this happen. They have a strong and effective anti-virus software in their possession their valuable vote. By using this powerful tool in their hands, they can give themselves a stable government by giving a clear and decisive mandate to the BJP, the former Union Home Minister told a press conference.
Advani said his tour of the state made him inclined to think that the people of Karnataka harboured similar views.
When the people of Karnataka elect a new Vidhan Sabha this month, they have an opportunity and also an obligation unto themselves to ensure that 2004 does not repeat itself in 2008, said the BJPs prime ministerial candidate.
Advani also saud that the Congress party will have to pay a big price for its failure to rein in price rise, which affects the aam aadmi (common man) the most.
The first place where the party will have to pay a heavy price is Karnataka itself, he added. (ANI)
- His 'yatra' over, Advani calls for UPA's ouster (Roundup) - Nov 20, 2011
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Divided BJP discusses option of backing Sangma - Jun 17, 2012
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Hema Malini files nomination as BJP candidate from Karnataka - Feb 21, 2011
- Modi's absence, talk of PM candidate, cloud BJP meet (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2011
- Yeddyurappa tries for Gowda's unanimous election to council - Dec 11, 2011
- BJP's endless squabbles lead to poll talk (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jul 07, 2012
- Yeddyurappa jailed till Oct 22 in corruption cases - Oct 16, 2011
- Caste-based religious leaders muddy BJP power struggle (Karnataka Newsletter) - Mar 25, 2012
- President's poll: BJP core committee to meet Monday (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- After cross-voting woes, Yeddyurappa takes on BJP, Sangma - Jul 23, 2012
- BJP loses faces in Karnataka as Pranab gets more votes (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- BJP, Congress face exodus threat in Karnataka (Karnataka Newsletter) - Dec 18, 2011
Tags: aam, anti virus software, bangalore, betrayal, common man, elect, electorate, havoc, inflation, jd, l k advcongress party, mandate, opportunism, politics and governance, prime ministerial candidate, saud, stable government, union home minister, vidhan sabha