Gitanjali group inaugurates first gold-dispensing ATMOctober 22nd, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 22 (IANS) The Gitanjali Group Saturday launched a first-of-its-kind Gold and Diamond ATM machine, a one-stop shop for buying medallions, coins and jewellery, an official said here.
This innovative ATM was inaugurated at Phoenix High Street in Lower Parel in south Mumbai by Bollywood star Raima Sen and CEO of Gitanjali Export Corporation Sanjeev Agarwal.
Designed like an ATM, the machine will dispense gold and silver bars, coins, pendants with religious motifs as well as a range of diamond studded jewellery.
High on convenience, this new retailing format will be ideally suited for last-minute purchases on auspicious occasions and for gifting, providing instant gratification to the purchaser.
The ATM will give the consumer a mix of up to 36 options in different sizes, price points and designs to choose from across these categories. This may include coins in varying grams or pendants that have religious motifs, heart shaped and diamond studded pendants for other gifting occasions.
The prices will range from Rs.1,000 to Rs.30,000. The exact combination available at each ATM will be flexible and vary across locations.
Customers at the ATM will choose their product from options displayed on a touch screen, and can then make payments using either a credit/debit card or by depositing cash. Delivery will be immediate.
In the coming months, Gitanjali plans to expand the network of these ATMs in places with high consumer footfalls such as premium malls, airports and temples to provide visitors with a range of last minute purchase choices for gifting and other needs.
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
- Glowing times for online jewellery retailers - Apr 06, 2012
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Gold prices dip an added draw to Akshaya Tritiya buyers (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Monastry Collection: Magical blend of style, healing (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Slip in gold prices an added incentive to buyers this Akshaya Tritiya - May 06, 2011
- Cheer for buyers as gold prices dip on Akshaya Tritiya (Roundup) - May 06, 2011
- 2012 not to be a shining year for Indian gems and jewellery - May 09, 2012
- Simpson to launch jewellery collection - Aug 31, 2011
- Salman's Diwali gift for the needy - Sep 23, 2009
- Show your mom you care! - May 11, 2012
- Visakhapatnam jewellery exhibition sells diamond studded pen for rupees 2.3 million - Nov 01, 2010
- Musical or cartoon rakhi - take your pick this Raksha Bandhan (Raksha Bandhan is on Aug 2) (With Images) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: atm machine, auspicious occasions, bollywood star, cash delivery, credit debit, exact combination, export corporation, footfalls, instant gratification, medallions, parel, pendants, purchase choices, purchaser, raima sen, religious motifs, rs 1, silver bars, south mumbai, touch screen