Ghaziabad board to impose new cess to fund Metro railMarch 12th, 2010 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 12 (IANS) An additional charge will be imposed on realtors to arrange the funds for Metro rail service here and for speeding up the pace of development, Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) said Friday.
The GDA in its board meeting decided to impose an increased External Development Charge (EDC).
“The GDA would arrange for funds to pay the DMRC for three routes in the city. The 23-km route would cost around Rs.2,300 crore, for that the GDA would impose Rs.320 per sq metre additional charge on realtors. Earlier, the ECD was Rs.1870 per sq km. Now, the total charge per km would be Rs.2,190 per sq km,” Principal Secretary Housing Arun Kumar Sinha, who chaired the board meeting, told reporters.
The DMRC would run its trains between Anand Vihar and Vaishali, from Vaishali to Sector-62 Noida via Indirapuram and from Dilshad Garden in Delhi to New Bus stand in the city.
- Delhi Metro to be extended till Ghaziabad's Mohan Nagar - May 22, 2011
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Delhi Metro project to get extended to Ghaziabad - Apr 07, 2012
- Metro gets extension from Dilshad Garden to Ghaziabad - Feb 11, 2010
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Ghaziabad set for makeover, to go hi-tech - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- Multi-crore scam alleged in Ghaziabad authority - Jun 23, 2010
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
- Illegal constructions in Ghaziabad sealed, case against builder - May 21, 2012
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Ghaziabad plots auctioned at record rates - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: arun kumar, board meeting, crore, dmrc, ecd, ghaziabad development authority, ghaziabad development authority gda, indirapuram, metro rail, new cess, noida, pace, principal secretary, realtors, rs 2, sinha, sq metre, trains, vaishali