General Motors November sales up 17.67 percentDecember 1st, 2010 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 1 (IANS) General Motors India Wednesday reported a growth of 17.67 percent in its November sales this year, which stood at 8,376 units as against 7,118 units in the corresponding month in 2009.
According to GM India’s vice president P. Balendran, the rise was primarily driven by the favourable customer response to its sedan car Cruze, compact car Beat and hatchback Spark.
“Introduction of best-in-segment cars from the 300 series, increase in customer outreach through distribution network and our unique value proposition like Chevrolet Cashless Ownership offer are the factors that have led to impressive sales,” Balendran said.
The automobile manufacturer also reported a cumulative rise of over 63 percent for sales in the January-November period, compared to the corresponding period last year.
“The sales comprised of 2,786 units of Spark, 2,547 units of Beat, and 617 units of the Chevrolet Cruze,” the company said in a statement.
Sales of other brands like Tavera stood at 1,476 units, followed by 297 units of Aveo, 291 units of Aveo U-VA, 262 units of Chevrolet Optra and 100 units of the Chevrolet Captiva.
Recently, the company completed seven years of its foray into the Indian market and also crossed the 1,00,000 unit mark Nov 27.
- GM 2010 sales grow by 59 percent - Jan 01, 2011
- November car sales zoom (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Auto makers report good sales figures in November (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- General Motors' May sales up 1.3 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- General Motors' August sales up 14 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Ford, General Motors sales in neck and neck race - Oct 01, 2010
- General Motors India sales up 17.35 percent in September - Oct 01, 2011
- General Motors' March sales up 13 percent - Apr 02, 2012
- General Motors to commission powertrain engine plant - Sep 03, 2010
- GM India logs 101 percent rise in December sales - Jan 01, 2010
- GM India November sales up 65 percent - Dec 01, 2009
- India's car makers begin 2011 with impressive sales growth - Feb 01, 2011
- General Motors to launch six new car models by 2013 - Jan 28, 2011
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Indian automobile firms close 2010 with stellar sales figures (Roundup) - Jan 01, 2011
Tags: automobile manufacturer, aveo, cashless, chevrolet, chevrolet captiva, chevrolet cruze, chevrolet optra, compact car, customer outreach, customer response, distribution network, foray, general motors, gm, impressive sales, motors india, New Delhi, seven years, spark 2, unique value proposition