General Motors’ March sales up 13 percentApril 2nd, 2012 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) General Motors India Monday reported an increase of 13 percent in monthly sales for March at 10,588 units, up from 9,391 units sold in March last year.
“Great demand for the Beat and Tavera has boosted our performance in March. The growth was primarily driven by fuel efficient Beat diesel,” said P. Balendran, vice president, General Motors India.
Segment-wise sales were led by hatchback Beat at 5,638 units followed by multi-purpose vehicle Tavera at 2,075 units, hatchback Spark at 1,879 units, sedan Cruze at 722 units, Optra at 123 units, compact car Aveo at 107 units and Captiva at 44 units.
- General Motors' August sales up 14 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- General Motors' May sales up 1.3 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- General Motors November sales up 17.67 percent - Dec 01, 2010
- GM 2010 sales grow by 59 percent - Jan 01, 2011
- General Motors to commission powertrain engine plant - Sep 03, 2010
- General Motors India sales up 17.35 percent in September - Oct 01, 2011
- General Motors to launch six new car models by 2013 - Jan 28, 2011
- Ford, General Motors sales in neck and neck race - Oct 01, 2010
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Indian automobile firms close 2010 with stellar sales figures (Roundup) - Jan 01, 2011
- November car sales zoom (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- GM India logs 101 percent rise in December sales - Jan 01, 2010
- India's car makers begin 2011 with impressive sales growth - Feb 01, 2011
- Auto makers report good sales figures in November (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- General Motors showcases two new vehicles - Jan 06, 2012