General Motors launches new Cruze modelJune 27th, 2012 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) Automobile major General Motors India Wednesday launched its next generation sedan, Chevrolet Cruze, with a new 2.0 litre diesel engine priced between Rs.13.85 lakh and Rs.15.67 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
“The Cruze has received an overwhelming response from the consumers across India, since its launch in 2009. We expect the newest member of the Cruze family to continue to exceed the expectations of car buyers and stand out against the competition in its segment,” said Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, General Motors India.
The new sedan, available in three variants, is powered by a two-litre diesel engine that delivers 166 ps at the rate of 3,800 revolutions per minute (RPM) and a peak 380 Nm at the rate of 2,000 RPM of torque along with a six-speed manual and automatic transmission, depended on the variant.
The sedan is also equipped with passive entry and passive start feature which includes push button for engine start or stop and a six-way power adjustable driver’s seat.
The sedan notched up sales of 180,000 units globally in the first quarter of 2012, which is 20 percent higher than the sedans sales in the corresponding quarter of 2011.
The company also plans to launch a new vareint of Spark and Sail Yuva into the Indian market soon.
While a refreshed version of Spark will enter the market around the third quarter of 2012-13, Sail U-VA, expected to compete with Maruti Suzuki Swift, is expected to hit the market by the end of the year.
“We will introduce a refreshed version of Spark in the third quarter. While Enjoy MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) and Sail U-VA will be launched by the end of this year,” Paddok said.
The company’s entry-level sedan Sail notchback will be launched next year.
The company has also been observing NPDs (no production day) once every week due to low demand.
The company’s vice president (corporate affairs) P. Balendran said there was one NPD last week and there would be one this week too.
- General Motors to launch six new car models by 2013 - Jan 28, 2011
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011
- GM to launch more dealerships - Sep 14, 2012
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
- Hyundai to increase production of Verna - Jun 28, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- General Motors' May sales up 1.3 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: automatic transmission, car buyers, chevrolet cruze, corporate affairs, diesel engine, director general, general motors, lakh, launch, maruti suzuki swift, motors india, multi purpose vehicle, notchback, npd, overwhelming response, paddock, passive entry, sedans, suzuki swift, yuva