General Motors launches LPG run Chevrolet Spark in MumbaiJune 10th, 2009 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 10 (ANI): General Motors India launched the Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) version of its popular small car Chevrolet Spark here on Tuesday.
The LPG version is GM India’s first clean-burning liquefied natural gas car in India, built at company’s plant at Talegaon in Maharashtra.
Apart from the eco-friendly aspects on account of lesser emission, the LPG version of the Spark is set to offer a low running cost while retaining its inherent features of well-equipped small hatchback.
“Here in India it’s been the growth for Chevrolet. Last year we sold 32,000 Sparks. We are very pleased to bring this version of the Spark, which is the LPG version. So we step into alternative fuels. The great thing about this is that it’s a modern technology. It’s a direct injection into the cylinder which gives the consumer a really comfortable ride,” Karl Slym, President and Managing Director, General Motors India.
The factory fitted LPG kit gives an average of mileage of 350 kilometres for the full cylinder.
GM India has already indicated that it remains unhampered by the insolvency filed by its parent company in the US and the Indian arm shall continue to function with more launches by the end of the year.
“We have launched this car. We will be launching Chevrolet Cruz in a few months and another car by the end of this year. So its good that everyone can see physically the businesses is usual and GM India’s plans remain solid,” Karl Slym added.
The Chevrolet Spark LPG version is priced at rupees 3,52,00. (ANI)
- GM expects more sales with Beat's diesel version - Jun 23, 2011
- GM India eyes 25 percent growth, Cadillac launch not soon - Aug 04, 2011
- General Motors to launch six new car models by 2013 - Jan 28, 2011
- GM India to launch six new models in two years - Feb 12, 2011
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- GM to launch 6 new cars in India - Mar 04, 2011
- General Motors to commission powertrain engine plant - Sep 03, 2010
- GM India planning to sell two lakh cars annually - Jan 14, 2010
- General Motors to launch small car Sail in Q3 - Mar 26, 2012
- India plans on track: GM MD - Jun 05, 2009
- General Motors India launches Smartech petrol engine - Jan 28, 2011
- General Motors showcases two new vehicles - Jan 06, 2012
- LNG facility for GM plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Sep 22, 2010
- GM India plans new launches, mass hiring for 2009 - Jan 23, 2009
Tags: alternative fuels, chevrolet spark, director general, gas car, general motors, indian arm, insolvency, kilometres, liquefied natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, maharashtra, managing director, modern technology, motors india, mumbai, parent company, running cost, rupees, small car, talegaon