GDA suspends three officials for corruptionMay 19th, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad: May 19 (IANS) The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) Saturday suspended two eingineers and a clerk for their alleged involvement in a scam and for violating building bylaws. It also asked the Uttar Pradesh government to suspend three more engineers.
The GDA in a statement said violations were detected in the construction of two towers in Amrapali Village in Nyay-Khand-II sector of Indirapuram and other areas of the district.
The towers were being erected on a site where Ultra Homes Constructions was to build a shopping complex and develop green areas.
“The builder constructed towers violating all bylaws in collusion with GDA officials, due to which we incurred a huge financial loss,” GDA vice-chairman Santosh Yadav told IANS.
“Two assistant engineers, K.K. Shukla and J.B. Singh, and a clerk, Sanjiv Bhatnagar, have been suspended. The suspension of three other engineers, Usman Ali, Hari Om Gupta and P.K. Sharma, has been recommended,” he said.
- Illegal constructions in Ghaziabad sealed, case against builder - May 21, 2012
- Ghaziabad authority to demolish collapsed building - Jul 19, 2011
- Two killed in building collapse (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Multi-crore scam alleged in Ghaziabad authority - Jun 23, 2010
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- Ghaziabad launches drive to seal illegal mobile towers - May 25, 2010
- GDA launches call centre in Ghaziabad - Jul 10, 2012
- Remove debris from Hindon river bed: Tribunal - Jul 29, 2012
- No arrest yet in Woodland manager's killing - Jul 23, 2012
- Woman banker commits suicide in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2012
- Project to shorten distance between Delhi, Ghaziabad approved - Sep 10, 2012
- Two men arrested for throwing friend's body in canal - Feb 15, 2010
- Plans unveiled for hassle-free travel to Ghaziabad - Mar 30, 2012
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: assistant engineers, b singh, bhatnagar, bylaws, collusion, constructions, corruption, ghaziabad development authority, ghaziabad development authority gda, gupta, hari om, indirapuram, khand, sanjiv, santosh yadav, shopping complex, shukla, two towers, uttar pradesh government, vice chairman