Gautam Singhania, wife walk ramp for Park AvenueApril 1st, 2008 - 10:47 pm ICT by admin
By Shweta Thakur
Mumbai, April 1 (IANS) It was an unusual sight at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Tuesday as Gautam Hari Singhania, chairman and managing director of Raymond Ltd., walked the ramp with wife Nawaz to showcase the line of their own Park Avenue brand. “For me the most important is my brand, and there could have been nothing better than walking the ramp for it,” Singhania told IANS.
“It was my first time and a great experience. However, convincing my wife (Nawaz) was a little difficult but I managed to do that,” he added.
Said a smiling Nawaz, “It felt really good. In fact, it was a fabulous experience. Interestingly, people feel nervous before stepping on the runway, but I felt nervous after completing the catwalk.”
While Gautam wore a two-button suit with turquoise stripes tastefully matched with a turquoise blue shirt, Nawaz sported an aqua blue shirt teamed with a black jacket and a slim fit skirt.
Park Avenue’s men’s wear encompassed three segments - corporate, leisure and evening line. There were suits in fine rich wool fabric, classic striped patterns styled in two-button peak lapel and plain front slim trousers in the corporate line.
The leisure line consisted of shirts, trousers and jackets in fabric like corduroy, soft velvet accessorized with fine knits, deep tones of burgundy and plum shades.
The evening line comprised elegant cocktail wear in shades of ivory, black and white. Premium wool rich fabric marked the line.
The women’s line was divide into themes - celestial nights, sun kissed terrain, passion darks and black and white. There were skirts, jackets, shirts, tube tops, dresses, trousers and velvet pants.
For celestial nights, soft fabrics and shades like aqua blue and silver were used. Sun kissed terrain had natural fabrics in gold, olive green and shades of brown.
Passion dark had outfits in bronze, pinks, purples, reds, violets, blacks and lavender shades. For the black and white theme polka dots were used to great effect.
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- Men’s Wear: The Basic Must Haves In A Man’s Wardrobe - Jan 07, 2011
- Sunanda Pushkar spotted at WIFW - Apr 08, 2011
- Shahab Durazi, Arjun Khanna collections steal show at Couture Week - Oct 11, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Katrina, Imran bring curtains down at VHIMW - Sep 05, 2011
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Saran Kohli's Perfect Fusion of Urban Menswear - Sep 21, 2010
- Designer pays tribute to armed forces at men's fashion week - Aug 28, 2010
- Shahab Durazi, Arjun Khanna Clothsline A Huge Success At The Couture Week - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: blue and silver, button peak, darks, evening line, fabulous experience, lakme fashion week, leisure line, natural fabrics, nawaz, pinks, rich fabric, s line, shweta, slim fit, soft fabrics, soft velvet, thakur, tube tops, velvet pants, wool fabric