Gatorade Cut Ties With Tiger WoodsFebruary 27th, 2010 - 8:42 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Orlando, Feb 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The sports drink company Gatorade, owned by PepsiCo has decided to end all its’ ties with Tiger Woods. Gatorade announced it on Friday that it is going to end its 2 year relationship with Tiger Woods, a week after Tiger Woods publicly apologized to his friends, family and fans. Although Gatorade has ended its ties with Tiger Woods, they said they would continue partnership with the charitable Tiger Woods Foundation which raises fund for Tiger Woods’ Learning Center in Anaheim, California.
Gatorade is so far the 3rd company to end its ties with Tiger Woods. Earlier, Accenture as well as communications company AT$T ended their relationship with Tiger Woods. According to reports, companies like Gillette as well as Tag Heuer are also apparently distancing from Tiger Woods. However, Nike is willing to continue its relationship with Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods apparently draws $40 million a year from this particular brand. Given that his public image has taken a battering in the recent days, it is no wonder that the brands have chosen to distance themselves from him.
According to a report, prior to the revelation of the sex scandal last year, Tiger Woods drew about 66 million pound a year from endorsement deals which made him one of the world’s richest athletes. A recent study suggests, Tiger Woods can suffer a loss of about $12 billion after these companies cut ties with him. Tiger Woods is yet to comment on the issue. He is reportedly on a vacation to Arizona with his family. Meanwhile, all his fans are eagerly waiting to see the golf star back in the golf course.
- Gillette won't renew its endorsement deal with Tiger Woods - Dec 24, 2010
- Tiger Woods' transgressions cost his sponsors up to $12b: Research - Dec 29, 2009
- Floyd Mayweather Jr tops the list of the top paid athletes - Jul 18, 2012
- Troubled Woods birdies in the night to avoid prying eyes - Dec 20, 2009
- Lonely Tiger in the woods this birthday Wednesday - Dec 29, 2009
- Woods leaves PGA in economic limbo - Dec 15, 2009
- Gatorade dumps Tiger Woods - Feb 27, 2010
- AT&T Ends Contract With Tiger Woods - Jan 01, 2010
- Now GM Motors cancels deal with Tiger Woods - Jan 15, 2010
- Tag Heuer thinking of cutting Tiger Woods sponsorship deal - Dec 15, 2009
- Tiger Woods Not Dropped By Nike And EA - Jan 24, 2010
- Now, General Motors drops Tiger Woods - Jan 14, 2010
- Tiger Woods scandal costs sponsors $12 bn - Dec 30, 2009
- Tiger woods to return to golf course - Mar 20, 2010
- Sponsors AT&T and Gillette distance themselves from Tiger Woods - Dec 13, 2009
Tags: accenture, anaheim california, communications company, endorsement deals, family and fans, friends family, gatorade, gillette, gina gomez, golf star, pepsico, public image, richest athletes, sex scandal, sports drink, tag heuer, tiger, tiger woods foundation, tiger woods learning center, woods tiger