Gas prices see biggest jump of the yearAugust 13th, 2012 - 6:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Aug 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) This year has caught many by surprise when the Survey Publishers came up with a result of statistics about the booming prices of gas this year. It was evaluated that this year, the prices of the gas rose by 8 percent than the last year’s price. Over the past two weeks the prices jumped to 18 cents on top of the normal price.
According to Lundberg the actual average cost of a gallon of regular amounts to $3.69 nationwide. However, the 8 percent is rated according to April this year. From April the prices have lowered with 28cents. The Trilby Lundberg Publishers have claimed that the main reason for the high oil prices is as a result of spike.
The high prices have led to the US increasing the prices of the Corn-based products. However, the high prices issues are claimed to be just temporary in nature. In the near future the gas prices are not expected to shoot high, this is because there will be new ways of resolving the price issues.
Gas prices however, differ from the different states and cities. The high prices of gas this year have gotten in the world record claiming that it is the year where the world has experienced the highest rise of gas prices.
- Price of Gas head northward - Nov 22, 2009
- Gas prices decline & stand at $3.29 per gallon - Dec 05, 2011
- Gas Prices Spike Further Damaging the Economy - Dec 07, 2010
- US small business confidence drops - Apr 11, 2012
- Bioethanol's impact on water supply 3 times higher than previously thought - Aug 06, 2009
- Food security stalls China's quest for new energy - Aug 23, 2010
- Petrol price hiked Rs.5 per litre; opposition, people fume (Second Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Biofuel threatens water supplies - Apr 11, 2009
- Inflation down by 6.87 percent - Aug 14, 2012
- Obama's approval ratings hit new low - Mar 13, 2012
- India's inflation rises to 8.31 per cent - Mar 14, 2011
- India, China boom pushing fuel prices: White House - Feb 25, 2012
- Hindus ask for urgent solution to rising world food prices - Apr 15, 2011
- Obama vows to tap new energy sources - Feb 24, 2012
- Bioethanol uses thrice as much water as thought earlier - Apr 14, 2009